Author Topic: iOS 8.4 released today!  (Read 4749 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
iOS 8.4 released today!
« on: June 30, 2015, 11:15:30 PM »
Just finishing up the upgrade on one of my iPad 2's now...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: iOS 8.4 released today!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:48:56 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  :thu:  Wouldn't have actually known to update if I hadn't seen your post.  :-[  Have auto updates turned off.

Looks like a bunch of bug fixes and the much touted Apple Music, getting ready for the big update iOS 9 in the fall. Doing the 8.4 update on my iPhone 4S at the moment. Shouldn’t bring any devices to a crashing halt hopefully. Only time will tell I guess.   ;)

Just added: The 4S updated just fine. It didn't melt or phase out of existence. Whew! No real changes at first glance, new "Music" App in place of iTunes. Probably more changes under the hood. Phone works just the same.  8) Now to update the other iToys and interface with the DL.  >:D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 01:30:05 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »
Let us know if you have any issues, especially with MF.
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:38:25 PM »
Let us know if you have any issues, especially with MF.

Everything works as it should. Can't see any improvements with MF on the 1608, but like I posted in the other topic, nothing bricked. Excellent. Any improvements are probably under the hood.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »
That's all goof news, KM. Thanks. Now I just need to build up the nerve to upgrade both on the same day.  :eek:
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 05:06:49 PM »
That's all goof news, KM. Thanks. Now I just need to build up the nerve to upgrade both on the same day.  :eek:

You are most welcome. I can't believe we need nerve to update stuff that should just do it without any worries. Ugh! I guess it's just the nature of all these high tech devices we so depend on these days.  8)

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 05:08:21 PM »
I agree completely. But I work in IT, and have been involved in many large software upgrades. They don't always go well. :o
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »
I agree completely. But I work in IT, and have been involved in many large software upgrades. They don't always go well. :o

For sure. I've done my share of computer repairs in my past life and I couldn't agree more!  :)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »
I don't have anything coming up soon, so I went and upgraded everything on two ipads and one iphone.  So far, everything looks very good.

robmcl

• Padawan
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »
Finally bit the bullet and updated the iPhone 4 and iPad2 to 8.4.   Noticed right away that MyFader would drop the connection to the 1608 after 60-90secs.   Nothing would bring back the connection except turning the wireless off and on again.   Even then it would only last another 60secs.   Found the suggestion online to 'forget this network' and reconnect which seems to have solved the problem.  After that MyFader has been running with no problem at all.
I didn't actually try MF on the ipad, I just went straight to 'forget this network' and re-connecting, so I cant say if the issue was there as well.  At this point MF also runs fine.

hope this helps someone.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 04:24:32 PM »
Beno did say that ios 8.4 is handling the WiFi differently.  Maybe forgetting the network and re-attaching is the best way to get the device to recognize the change.  Beno was suggesting that the new configuration should be better.  (Though he didn't indicate how or why.)