Author Topic: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released  (Read 17911 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released
« on: July 01, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
Hey All,
Master Fader 3.2 and My Fader 3.2 have been released.

Master Fader 3.2 Release Notes
Be sure to perform a full System Backup of Master Fader before updating the app from the Tools>Settings view. After updating the app, the mixer firmware will also need to be updated. This will happen when you next connect Master Fader to your DL Series mixer. Please ensure you have enough time for both before your next gig.

Master Fader 3.2 adds the following New Features and Enhancements:
• The DL32R can now record and playback 32x32 channels to and from the external hard drive. Note DL32R users will NOT be able to downgrade to 3.1 after updating their mixer firmware to 3.2 because of this change to the recording module (But why would you want to?).
• Added new Mic Pre view for DL32R allowing adjustment of all 32 mic pre gains and 48V enables at once.
• Enhanced VCA display. Now, when a channel is assigned to a VCA, a semi-transparent fader cap is also shown so users can see level changes caused by VCAs on the input channel itself. Additionally, if a VCA is muted or soloed, assigned channels will now show that they are being remotely muted or soloed.
• Enhanced Retail Mode with integrated demo videos and auto reset to demo show
• Enhanced performance of recalling snapshots
• Reduced overall memory usage improving performance, especially for users with large number of shows or shows with lots of images
• Added quick select of All or None for access limits
• Added Reset Shows and Presets Option to Tools>Settings>System Backup Menu
• Airplay can now be used while also using Master Fader
• The DL32R USB drive "Refresh" button is now only available when a drive is in the "Ejected" state (enhancement)
• Enhanced Mic Pre Gain sliders to accurately convey step value
• Moved user file storage to App Group allowing for future enhancements
• Switched to the latest iOS8 SDK and building for 64bit

Master Fader 3.2 fixed the following bugs:
• Fixed issue where channel safes did not protect even numbered aux sends after they were unlinked
• Fixed issue where access limiting the even channel of a linked output didn't limit access to the pair
• Fixed issue where some Flash drives weren't recognized on the DL32R
• Fixed issue where replacing user presets would makes the name and icon disappear
• Fixed issue where files could be recorded incorrectly on the DL32R if using a name with a space at the beginning or end
• Fixed a variety of issues with popovers showing slowly and the wrong size
• Fixed issue where switching between mixer's online and offline states could cause the meters to freeze showing signal when none is present
• Fixed issue where the Now Playing icon could appear incorrectly
• Fixed issue where the music play once, loop & shuffle icons would flash after an HDD was ejected on the DL32R
• Fixed issue with the DL32R where Music and Multitrack file details were not displayed in the tracklist
• Fixed issue where refreshing/ejecting the DL32R hard drive with multiple iPad connected could disconnect some of them
• Fixed issue where the DL32R recording view would still show the last file played after the drive is ejected
• Fixed issue where the DL32R Eject & Format buttons were briefly enabled during playback between playlist songs
• Fixed issue where the DL32R Loop Once icon briefly appears enabled when it is actually disabled
• Lots of other small fixes

My Fader 3.2 Release Notes
My Fader 3.2 requires Mackie Master Fader v3.2. Be sure to perform a full System Backup of Master Fader before updating the app from the Tools>Settings view. After updating the Master Fader, the mixer firmware will also need to be updated. This will happen when you next connect Master Fader to your DL Series mixer. Please ensure you have enough time for both before your next gig.

My Fader 3.2 adds the following New Features and Enhancements:
• Enhanced VCA display. Now, when a channel is assigned to a VCA, a semi-transparent fader cap is also shown so users can see level changes caused by VCAs on the input channel itself. Additionally, if a VCA is muted or soloed, assigned channels will now show that they are being remotely muted or soloed.
• Enhanced performance of recalling snapshots
• Reduced overall memory usage improving performance, especially for users with large number of shows or shows with lots of images
• Added quick select of All or None for access limits
• Switched to the latest iOS8 SDK and building for 64bit

My Fader 3.2 fixed the following bugs:
• Fixed issue where channel safes did not protect even numbered aux sends after they were unlinked
• Fixed issue where access limiting the even channel of a linked output didn't limit access to the pair
• Fixed issue where using My Fader on an iPad could show a black bar across the UI
• Fixed issue where switching between mixer's online and offline states could cause the meters to freeze showing signal when none is present
• Lots of other small fixes

Enjoy, and let us know if you discover any issues.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:25:49 PM by RoadRanger »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
Haven't seen much in the way for the 806/1608. But just tried it on my old iPad 2 and in my perception some of the lag has disappeared, sort of. Looks a little more responsive. Now have to upgrade the other iDevices and the mixer firmware. See how everything works together.  ;)

Note: All the updates and firmware update went smoothly. Nothing melted down!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:36:06 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
Thanks, Ben. the 32 channel recording is a great addition. I'm looking forward to trying that.
Mackie Junkie

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »
Oooo, those VCA 'ghosts' are rather cool! Also the swiping the channel section is much smoother than before on my iPad2. Happy days :-)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:48:31 PM »
I wouldn't have thought about that, but the VCA ghosts are very cool.  Nice work to the development team. 

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:56 PM »
What i really like are the fantastic new reverbs , the RTAs, all the other cool stuff from user voice (remember that Beno?)....oh hang on ....sorry wrong forum. Must be the heat. 40C° here today, getting delirious. 8) 8) 8)

Zapme

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 01:02:54 AM »
I have to agree where's the real breakthroughs?  :-\ New verbs have been on the list since the 1608 were first introduced. I have added a tc rack verb to my rig for this reason.  I have done many shows with my dl1608 and with only minor issues. 

If mackie would make a way to hard connect the dl32r to a PC/Mac I would have already bought one.  But I cannot rely purely on a wireless router.  Especially if I'm mixing another band and lose control and have no safety net to speak of.  I've had a router go out on me and thankfully I had the dock next to me on stage but it left our foh guy having no control until I could reset the router on break.

I think it's time for mackie to let their software go open source so the users can try their hands at updates and tweaks. Especially for android & PC/Mac.  I will give it to mackie for their user friendly interface.  It's a breeze to work on compared to other companies  Beh...  But it's just a matter of a learning curve for more features.

But I have reached the point of beginning to search for another mixer with larger input count and scalability.  Unfortunately mackie is not number 1 on that list currently.  I can't purchase something on hopes and dreams of updates.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 01:56:37 AM »
I am hoping that Mackie is going to come out with a firmware update, hopefully soon that will enable you to connect a laptop directly to the onboard Ethernet port on both DL platforms. MF would then have to be multi OS, Windows, Mac, Android, Linux and iOS or even HTML5 based. This would be the smart way to go. There shouldn’t have to be any hardware changes to facilitate this feature. Only time will tell.

Hope lies eternal I guess, or gonna just have to switch to another product?  :(
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 03:52:53 AM »
KM are you playing MegaMillions, you''ll have a better chance at winning than Mackie doing something smart. ;D
pytchley they're blaming that new compiler switch it turned all those new features into comments. >:D Next time.
Zapme I'm gona have to zap you to get you back to reality. Open source ? :lol:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:57:17 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 03:58:16 AM »
There sure is a lot of Bitchin going on.  Beno released a software upgrade.  It's good.  It doesn't have every item requested, but no update will ever have every item requested.  (From any manufacturer.)  We should be thankful that there was a timely update that looks like updates are supposed to look.  Personally, I think software development is moving well for the DL line.  (And yes, i'm hoping for a wired solution for the DL32R too.)  But thanks again Beno.  We'll be looking forward for the next update.

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 08:22:15 AM »
Maybe Wynnd actually is Beno?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »
No.  But I would like to meet him.  My Wife and I met studying computer science in 1979.  PL1, Assembler.....  She's currently a database developer for a National firm.  I had a computer store in 1984.  Been a PC/Network tech.  So I've seen the software development side of things.  I wonder if all the complaining is that others don't get how hard it can be to create bug free software that never fails.  Buggy software is pretty easy.  I'd rather Mackie's team do it right and not put stuff out that has serious problems.  They're getting it right and the turn over of fixed issues isn't fast enough for some.  Some patience could go a long way. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 01:30:28 PM »
I’m honestly quite happy with the DL1608 as it is. Don’t use 90% of the new features and it’s not a big deal for me. Direct connectivity to a laptop would be nice, but not an issue. But if you look at all the improvements that were just released, the majority was really for the DL32, which probably most certainly needed them. I can use the DL as it is without any more improvements until it or I die first. No issue.

It’s obvious to me that any new improvements are going to be geared primarily for the 32 it’s only logical. That’s as it should be. How many more in reality can happen to the 1608 before there has to be a major hardware change? Like I said the 1608 is a good little package as it stands, we are all going to wish for something more to make what we have better. I think that’s just natural.

If it doesn’t happen that’s perfectly fine. And if you eventually become dissatisfied with your current hardware, it’s probably time to move on to greener pastures. And once that happens, we can all start complaining once more about this new gadget and its downfalls.   8)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
I agree that the DL32R is the future.  I'd expect a DL16R in the not so distant future where all the software improvements for the 32 can be applied to the 16.   Two things that probably should be addressed soon are a wired connection to the mixer and some sort of at least backup to a computer.  (Probably end up being the tablet anyway.)   Very good points KM.  I'm using most of the features at some level.  Don't use compression very much and I use gates much less.  But I don't think there's anything in the software that doesn't get used now.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »
There sure is a lot of Bitchin going on.  Beno released a software upgrade.  It's good.  It doesn't have every item requested, but no update will ever have every item requested.  (From any manufacturer.)  We should be thankful that there was a timely update that looks like updates are supposed to look.  Personally, I think software development is moving well for the DL line.  (And yes, i'm hoping for a wired solution for the DL32R too.)  But thanks again Beno.  We'll be looking forward for the next update.

I second this post !!!!
A hardwire connection to a laptop would be great though, although there will be more complaining if the ethernet port is used for the laptop...that should stay connected to the wireless router.
Thank you Ben!