Author Topic: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released  (Read 17907 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »
Tried my iPad 2 docked with all the latest iOS and DL firmware and MF 3.2 is even more erratic than it was before in my perception.

It’s not earth shattering since the iPad Air 2 is so much better running MF than my older one. I would rather not use the older one except docked as a backup. Again I think it's all in the eyes of the beholder. 

I’m primarily putting it down to the slower CPU and system memory of the iPad 2 that is causing this issue for me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:44:39 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »
Tried my iPad 2 docked with all the latest iOS and DL firmware and MF 3.2 is even more erratic than it was before in my perception. Almost not worth using it except as only backup if the wireless craps out. 

I use my iPad Air 2 for main wireless control and it works fine. I wouldn't want to rely solely on the iPad 2 and the current updates for running a major show just now.  :facepalm:

Can you provide more info? What exactly are you seeing here? Any video?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the concern, I will shoot you an email.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »
I'll have to try and recreate it and get a video. Mine was particularly bad when swapping between screens.

It was almost like the previous version had a tolerance of low signal strength and that was stripped out of this version making it a bit less resilient to signal drop out.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:33:14 PM by ijpengelly »

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:16 PM »
Note iOS8.4 completely changed how it handled WiFi connections switching from DiscoveryD to MDNSResponder. So I am not surprised if there are some differences to wireless operation. In general though it should be way better because DiscoveryD was kind of a turd and responsible for loads of issues with dropped connections in iOS8.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 12:07:23 AM »
Beno,  Is there a preferred technique for WiFi setup on ios 8.4?  (I'll do a bit of surfing and see what others are saying about it too.)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
It should be no different. I just wanted to bring to the point that things have changed in the OS so the experience with your apps may change as well. Something to keep an eye on as a group.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »
I've never been that convinced by the wi-fi on the iPad and I am sure it is the cause of a few issues I have experienced.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
They state that the "Enhanced VCA" is supported on all DL models.  Incorrect, only the DL32R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you mean looks on my dl1608 to be working also???

Actually, I was trying it in demo mode (which worked on the DL32R demo mode). Once I updated the firmware on my console, it's seems to be working now ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2015, 09:33:07 AM »
Here is a video from last night. I was sat still not that far from the wireless mixer and you can see the signal strength going up and down something chronic and MasterFader regularly resynching: http://youtu.be/wvyYmf8VV1g

However, it didn't lock up this time, but I have a feeling that was on my other iPad (though both running the same iOS and MF versions).

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2015, 01:32:07 PM »
The video is marked as private, so I can't see it.
Mackie Junkie

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »
Thanks for letting me know.

How odd, the privacy settings are for public and I didn't have any issues last time. Do try again and let me know if you have the same issue?

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 11:58:55 PM »
I can view the video OK - thanks
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »
Here is a video from last night. I was sat still not that far from the wireless mixer and you can see the signal strength going up and down something chronic and MasterFader regularly resynching: http://youtu.be/wvyYmf8VV1g

However, it didn't lock up this time, but I have a feeling that was on my other iPad (though both running the same iOS and MF versions).

Saw your video. That would be just a little unnerving in a live situation.  :eek:

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2015, 04:34:25 AM »
The very reason I don't consider the DL32R as pro equipment and until there is a reliable control Pro's will never set themselves up for problems such as this.
When in doubt KISS