Author Topic: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released  (Read 17835 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2 Released
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2015, 06:47:38 AM »
This was an extreme example and when I moved to another location (oddly without line of sight to the router) I had no issues what-so-ever. Thankfully, the worst that's happened to me in relation to re-sync is having some reverb on between songs.

WK, it is a fair point and in looking at what I would consider for increasing my channel count, I suspect the DL32R may get overlooked.

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
"The very reason I don't consider the DL32R as pro equipment"

You are (of course) entitled to your opinion, but we get paid every weekend to mix with a DL32R.  Are we not pros?  <- note: no apostrophe

And the Allen Heath stays in storage :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:15:23 PM by MrDOS »
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2015, 02:37:05 PM »
This was an extreme example and when I moved to another location (oddly without line of sight to the router) I had no issues what-so-ever. Thankfully, the worst that's happened to me in relation to re-sync is having some reverb on between songs.

WK, it is a fair point and in looking at what I would consider for increasing my channel count, I suspect the DL32R may get overlooked.

Good to hear it was only at that location. Still makes you a little squirrely though. Even at home, when you move around with the laptop/tablet/iPhone on wireless, you can see the signal strength change. Of course at home you don't worry too much about it.

Whether DL1608, 32 or whatever you use as a professional, I always say that if you can get through the whole gig without a major catastrophe, it's a good gig. The minor problems are just a "Meh"  ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:41:08 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
"The very reason I don't consider the DL32R as pro equipment"

You are (of course) entitled to your opinion, but we get paid every weekend to mix with a DL32R.  Are we not pros?  <- note: no apostrophe

And the Allen Heath stays in storage :)

The only reason I don't consider myself to be a "professional" is that it is not my main employment, doesn't mean I treat it with any less professionalism though :-)

KM - absolutely! It was a weird little patch where the signal would drop out. Good thing is how fast resyncs occur.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2015, 03:59:45 PM »
There's a lot of pride of craft among sound engineers.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
Did a show last night and for this band  all I ever provide is my iPad, I connect to the bands DL32 and handle FOH mix.  I had updated my iPad to 3.2 and they had not updated their iPads or system firmware yet. 
I was concerned I would experience a connectivity problem but had no problem whatsoever. Everything synced fine and had no drop outs or wifi connectivity issues.
It's nice when everything works and I get to play with the DL32 instead of my regular 1608.
Best yet, I get paid full rate and only have to carry 1-iPad.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2015, 07:20:43 AM »
Spotted another issue over this weekend whilst doing a two day music festival, which was multi-gesture induced lag. Basically, where I was running two channels that were related and I was using two fingers to move their respective faders they would become very laggy and then continue moving (ghosting) after I had taken my fingers off, making smooth fading and level setting difficult.

This happened across all the iPads I was using on the system at the time, one docked, two on wireless.

Once I have unloaded all my gear I'll get a video.

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »
Hi,

I too have seen the faders-losing-their-minds.
Fast work-around was to go to another screen that didn't show any of those channels and then back to the channel view.  For me, this cleared the fault.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
That would sound like a redrawing issue.  There's a piece of me that still thinks that most of the lags are being caused by using real math where integer math is a better choice.  (Does anyone know if the ipad's processor has a built in real math co processor or if it's just software enabling it to handle real math?)   All the visual scales are under 300.  Integer math is good to    32,000.  (+ or -) 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »