Author Topic: Fruit Flies gather round  (Read 10292 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: Fruit Flies gather round
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
Hi dan

I think the express works well with the mackie product, just not so with the x air range, I thought I had a duff unit at first but it seems from the many issues I have read, that I am not alone..

It is an expensive unit I think considering it only has one port and won't actually deliver adsl from the socket in your wall.

But I am glad you are having a good time with yours

Cheers

Kev

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »
It's only expensive if you compare it to a single band slower WiFi unit.  Dual band units are all around $100.  (Or more.)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
Fair point,

They should have just charged a dollar more and put another wan port on it, just like it's crazy that it's big brother omits AirPlay.

:)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 12:06:32 PM »
I can see that.  I'm running a Time Capsule at home.  on the other hand, I probably wouldn't use airplay at home. I do use it at rehearsals and rarely at gigs.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 01:34:41 PM »
Yes we all have different requirements, and fair play it must be hard to keep everyone happy.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »
Hi dan

I think the express works well with the mackie product, just not so with the x air range, I thought I had a duff unit at first but it seems from the many issues I have read, that I am not alone..

It is an expensive unit I think considering it only has one port and won't actually deliver adsl from the socket in your wall.

But I am glad you are having a good time with yours

Cheers

Kev
Hey Kev,
It works perfectly with Mackie and my A&H QU stuff too. Maybe it's not the Apple at fault here..... >:D
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
For those that don't have the time to browse the Apple forum I referred to here is a summary by the originator of the thread.

"gloede99
Apr 7, 2015 6:57 PM
Re: iPad2 not connecting to 2.4Ghz Wireless Networks in response to spachner

Spachner,

I'm the original person that started this thread and Lasse_Moell actually discovered the root source of the problem. My story was a very long one but to sum it up, I basically upset Apple enough that they started deleting my post because I was violating the terms of this forum. What I posted were things like case numbers which not only helps them cause the two original cases opened inthe US and Europe have lots of technical details, but also helps those customers that are less technically than myself or Lasse. Other things that were deleted were links to pages that Apple has known about this issue for A LONG time ( search for this subject on web sites that have the number 9 and the number 5 in the URL ). Sorry I can't tell you the site or numbers cause for sure they will delete them. Also mysteriously I stopped receiving notifications from this web site when this thread gets updated. Why....who knows?  Anyway my story ended well, but by far it is not the most common.......Apple did replace my out of warentee iPad 2 but it was a 3 month battle, calls to HQ's, and very technical debugging where there was no technical response to our findings. Unfortunately the cheapest and less trouble "fix" the consumer holds the answer....buy a dual band router and replace your working one you have. My only other suggestion is Lasse told me in Europe you have some sort of consumer protection for electronics ...   kind of and extended warentee from the European Union..... Hopefully I am explaining it so you understand. Good luck."

The problem started in iOS 7 and still exists in 8.2, so much for response time or quality. ;D
As to the high price and middle of the road performance for those that don't understand, it's called "Bang for your Buck". It has nothing to do with whether it works or not.
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 02:38:38 PM »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 04:21:08 AM »
It's only expensive if you compare it to a single band slower WiFi unit.  Dual band units are all around $100.  (Or more.)
Wynnd you need to go shopping more often. Dual Bands for $40-$70 have better features than the Airport Express at $99.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 05:40:50 AM »
I've gotten to like Apple products and I own some stock.  (Bought at $20 a share years ago.)  I haven't purchased a WiFi router since Sept 2013.  It's been a while and these products are still dropping in price.  (hearing aids are still getting more expensive.  Why is that?)  I'm unlikely to purchase another router for at least a couple of years.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »
We already know there are others that are upset that they have to have an Apple product to use these mixers.  That's a pity.  Generally Apple products are pretty good.  Nothing is perfect and my own experience with my Wife's android phone leads me to never want that.  The Windows phone is pretty good.  (Close to functionality of an iphone.)  If every piece of software was cross platform, everyone could use whatever hardware they wanted to.   I suspect that would come with a huge price tag.

They knew going in that the DL mixers require at least one Apple product to work. If they hate having to use an Apple product, they should never have bought a DL in the first place. Frankly, I'm sick and tired about people bitching a fit about it. If you hate it that much, sell it and buy something else and leave the rest of us to our work.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA