Author Topic: Re syncing - any news?  (Read 9202 times)

K-Dubber

Re syncing - any news?
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:25:54 AM »
I've read enough on here to know I'm not the only one experiencing a lot of re syncing of a docked iPad during shows with the dl1608. Mackie support couldn't really offer me much in the way of help, just suggesting things I've already tried.  It's not causing a massive issue at the moment but I'd be interested to know how often is too often? Last weekend I must have seen the re syncing pop up between 5-10 times during an hours set.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Re syncing - any news?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:39:25 PM »
I've read enough on here to know I'm not the only one experiencing a lot of re syncing of a docked iPad during shows with the dl1608. Mackie support couldn't really offer me much in the way of help, just suggesting things I've already tried.  It's not causing a massive issue at the moment but I'd be interested to know how often is too often? Last weekend I must have seen the re syncing pop up between 5-10 times during an hours set.
Do you have the iPad in "AirPlane" mode?

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »
Do you have the iPad in "AirPlane" mode?

iPads do have an airplane mode, but if the iPad is a "Wifi only" model, all it does is turn off Wifi and Bluetooth, both of which can be toggled independently.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

K-Dubber

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
I don't have it in airplane mode, but the wifi is not on as its docked to the desk.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 02:47:14 PM »
I don't have it in airplane mode, but the wifi is not on as its docked to the desk.
Docking it does not turn off the WiFi or prevent it from trying to connect wireless when the docking connection glitches.

K-Dubber

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
My wifi isn't turned on.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
My wifi isn't turned on.
Bluetooth off too?

K-Dubber

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
Yep :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 04:10:52 PM »
100% charged too?

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »
Like he said, suggestions he's already tried. It just happens sometimes. Hasn't gotten any better for me since day one, on 3 different DL1608s. It is what it is.

K-Dubber

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »
Yea nottooloud, so far it's not caused me a problem.  Once we've sound checked, it's rare that I will make any adjustments, being the guitarist&backing vox as well as "soundman" haha! But it's just a bit unnerving to look across and see the re syncing window again.....

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
Yea nottooloud, so far it's not caused me a problem.  Once we've sound checked, it's rare that I will make any adjustments, being the guitarist&backing vox as well as "soundman" haha! But it's just a bit unnerving to look across and see the re syncing window again.....

Kinda gives you that syncing (re) feeling. Sorry, couldn't resist.  :facepalm:  Haven't seen that particular thrill happen, but it's a good bet that it does it when I'm not looking at it. Very sneaky these high tech devices.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:07:08 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »
I think WK mentioned cutting the trace (?) that enables fast charging as a possible improvement - mine's old enough to give that a try but then I'll not be sharing all you all's pain ;) ?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 07:52:43 AM »
I think WK mentioned cutting the trace (?) that enables fast charging as a possible improvement - mine's old enough to give that a try but then I'll not be sharing all you all's pain ;) ?
Not me, I still contend that the problem lies with the grounding system. Just never got around to making 6-10 ft. cable from the DL to the paddle board and separating signal from chassis ground to test that theory.
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »
Mine was re syncing over and over at the last two shows. Nothing has changed. iPad charged fully.   Bluetooth on for remote control, but wifi off.

It stopped sending audio from iTunes once too. That's not happened before.

I'm going to try to get a dl32r in the coming weeks and see if my life gets better.