Author Topic: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2.1 Released  (Read 6450 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Master Fader and My Fader 3.2.1 Released
« on: July 21, 2015, 04:22:26 PM »
We've just released a v3.2.1 bug fix for Master Fader and My Fader.

Be sure to perform a full System Backup of Master Fader before updating the app from the Tools>Settings view. After updating the app, the mixer firmware will also need to be updated. This will happen when you next connect Master Fader to your DL Series mixer. Please ensure you have enough time for both before your next gig.

Master Fader 3.2.1 adds the following enhancements and fixed the following bugs:
•Added "Retail Mode" Text to Navigation Bar when enabled
•Fixed issue where users could only type in an EQ or Compressor gain setting in 3dB increments (fix for http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1025.0)
•Fixed issue where mute and solo state of channels in a view group were not reflected when enabling mute or solo on VCA
•Fixed issue where Master Fader could lose communication with DL Hardware when recalling snapshots with multiple iPad connected
•Fixed issue where DL32R multichannel record and playback transports controls didn't work properly when HDD first mounted
•Fixed issue where IO Patchbay Access Limits didn't function properly on DL1608 or DL806
•Fixed issue where Master Fader could crash when current state is changed while waiting for update yes/no confirmation
•Fixed issue where undocking iPad while recording didn't prompt to save recording
•Other small fixes

My Fader 3.2.1 adds the following enhancements and fixed the following bugs:
•Added Italian Localization to My Fader (it was already in Master Fader 3.2)
•Fixed issue where mute and solo state of channels in a view group were not reflected when enabling mute or solo on VCA
•Fixed issue where My Fader could lose communication with DL Hardware when recalling snapshots with multiple iPad connected
•Fixed issue where My Fader could crash after pressing home after taking a photo
•Fixed issue where using Access Limit all shortcuts on My Fader would take a long time to complete
•Other small fixes

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master Fader and My Fader 3.2.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »
Timely update Beno.  Thanks

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 05:47:31 PM »
You guys have been busy. Thanks, Ben.
Mackie Junkie

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:46:12 AM »
So I have a gig this weekend if you were me would you upgrade before or after?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 04:40:05 AM »
So I have a gig this weekend if you were me would you upgrade before or after?
Maybe decide Thursday after others have had a chance to check it out? Sounds like rather minor bug fixes that shouldn't destabilize it?

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
Good idea as always :)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:02:42 PM »
I updated...   Will know tomorrow if it blows up.  I have faith in 'em =)

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »
I had no intent to update until after this weekends shows.
Unfortunately the band I mix for occasionally  (did a gig last night) allowed the automatic
Update to load. When I went to sync prior to sound check I got the message that I was running a
Older software version and could not connect.  I had to set my phone as a wi-fi hot spot and do a quick
Upload of the new update.
Luckily it went quick and had no problem either connecting or running the app.  No noticeable
changes or problems to report so I guess I would say if you have no issue the the last update
you should be good to go with the new update.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 08:17:42 PM »
Sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow...    I updated my everyday iPad with the new release, and like you, I will have to do a hotspot update of the mixer iPad, or else drag it out of the case and do it before the show =)

I'm not scared!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 12:01:37 AM »
Just updated all my iToys and the 1608 firmware. Everything works as expected. No meltdowns!  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Markk70

• Youngling
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »
Let me start by stating this is likely user error...

DL32r

Reverb - After updating to 3.2.1, when I increase the reverb level on the aux channel, it sends all channels with reverb through the reverb channel.  So, I am running a monitor mix on aux one.  I have everything turned down but my vocals and guitar.  I turn up the reverb fader on aux 1 and suddenly I get all other vocal channels in my ears.  Very weird.

Recording - I still have issues with virtual soundcheck.  The volumes when i record and playback can vary 6db from when we play live.  I thought it was the trim and mic pre, but we tested them all at zero at still get the same result.

Any ideas?

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »
Reverb : when you turn up reverb in aux 1 you get the reverb , including the reverb on all the channels send to that reverb.

Record : maybe it is the stage bleed you miss i get pretty much the same back as i record
If in doubt ask

Markk70

• Youngling
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »
Thanks for the response. 

Reverb.  I'm not saying it turns up the reverb, I'm saying when i turn up the reverb fader, it is like the mixer combined all channels with reverb on to one group fader.  It never did this before.

Recording.  We all play direct. No amps. Digital drums.  I've had multiple sound guys use it. Same issue with every single one.   We are not using prior recordings.  We set up, record at the gig, and play back.  Totally different mix and volume variations on every channel.  I started another thread on this and others have confirmed a similar.

jneau

• Youngling
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 07:11:05 PM »
Mark,

I can't say much about how you think it worked before, but your reverb "issue" is exactly how I would expect it to work.

Let's assume you have channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 directed to a reverb send which is then routed to the main mix.
On your monitor, you only want to hear channel 1.  So you also route channel 1 to the send for your monitor.

Now you decide you want to add that reverb to your monitor, so you bump up the reverb return fader for your monitor.

What you're going to hear coming through your monitor is the dry signal from channel 1 plus the wet reverb for channels 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Again, I can't say how you think it used to work...but I have a hard time believing it worked any other way than like that.  The reverb effect isn't being applied to each individual channel that you send to it.  It's being applied to the incoming mix of all of them that are sent to it.  It can't separate out just one of them.