Author Topic: iOS 8.4.1 is now available.  (Read 2710 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
iOS 8.4.1 is now available.
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:00:47 AM »
iOS 8.4.1 just dropped. Some bug fixes and update for Music.

The iOS update lists the following fixes:

■Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
■Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
■Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
■Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
■Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
■Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1

Just updated my old iPhone 4S and no problems. It may be my imagination but the phone is running smoother!  8) Haven't updated the rest of my iGoodies yet, or tried it with Master Fader, but I suspect there will be no issues. If I remember I'll post with more details with iPads and MF later.  :mrgreen:

August 14th 2014

Just finished all the updating and tested with the 1608. 100% AOK! Did notice (in my perception) that the old iPad 2 was even jerkier running the latest MF with this new iOS update, than before. I suspect that that slower CPU and system memory is helping this one to get left behind in the dust. Maybe iOS 9 will be different, but somehow I really don't think so. It's livable for backup and playing walk in music etc.

On the other hand (s) the iPad Air 2 and iPod Touch 5th Gen are working just fine with the update and MF/MyF.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:01:26 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Re: iOS 8.4.1 is now available.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 06:54:06 PM »
Every patch takes our old iPad 2s closer to the junk yard...   They'll be great for letting the wife play solitaire on though still.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »
Every patch takes our old iPad 2s closer to the junk yard...   They'll be great for letting the wife play solitaire on though still.

That's for sure and with a retail Canadian Best Buy price of $540.00 before taxes for a new Air 2, just going to keep the old one around for a while, till it dies I think. Ugh!  :facepalm:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »
Rumor has it that iOS 9 runs just fine on the iPad 2 ;) .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 03:55:33 AM »
Yeah except for any useful multitasking. Apples latest cutoff will be the Air 2. Who'd want to page back and forth for windows.  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:58:20 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS