Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Routing Question

<< < (3/6) > >>

Wynnd:
Very true.  And what works for you always ought to be a good starting point.  My ZXA1s are pretty flat.  (Except for the matching subs.)  But like most people, I now have multiple PA systems.  Some bi-amped, some tri-amped, some powered.  In larger outdoor situations, I combine systems for extra power.  Still not covering groups larger than 5000 people.  There are others better prepared for that and they are welcome to that work. 

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on July 28, 2015, 12:13:08 PM ---Very true.  And what works for you always ought to be a good starting point.  My ZXA1s are pretty flat.  (Except for the matching subs.)  But like most people, I now have multiple PA systems.  Some bi-amped, some tri-amped, some powered.  In larger outdoor situations, I combine systems for extra power.  Still not covering groups larger than 5000 people.  There are others better prepared for that and they are welcome to that work.

--- End quote ---

5000??? Yikes

yigba:
Being the obsessive maniac I am I went out and bought a Driverack PA2 (anyone want my Driverack PA?) and traded my SM58's for Audix OM-6's.

I AutoEQ'd the KW122's/K181's to a flat setting - no more pink noise thankfully with the PA2 - and the speakers sounded great. No more feedback either with the different mics, which have much better feedback rejection. Didn't even have to use the AFS function on the Driverack because the mics weren't feeding back at all.

This DL1608 works great for me. I have now gotten my recordings nearly perfect using a little Tascam DR-03 recorder coming out of Aux 6. This mixer is something else.

All's well that ends well.

jneau:
What do you mean no more pink noise?  How does it auto-eq without the pink noise?

yigba:
It uses a very quick sine wave. Sort of sounds like something out of Star Wars but goes by very quickly. It also has you place the RTA-M mic in 2 to 4 (you choose how many) different positions to get you the best AutoEQ. The 4 positions are the most accurate and that's what I used. It is very similar to the way my Onkyo home stereo receiver set its EQ settings.

Where the pink noise took what seemed like an eternity this new way of doing the AutoEQ is over in seconds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version