Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Routing Question

<< < (4/6) > >>

jneau:
Hmm.  Which I didn't know that existed.

I love what my DriveRackPX does for the sound.  So far we've always had access to the venue when nobody is around so launching the rocket hasn't been an issue.  I've been wondering what people do when they show up to a venue with a PX around 4pm and there are already 20 people in the room...

yigba:
With the original DriverackPA I never RTA'd a room with people in it because of that pink noise. I always had simply set the system flat in an outdoors environment and went with that in the rooms I play, with minor adjustments.

The PA2 lets you RTA the room without the jet sound - but background noise may be an issue because when I RTA'd with PA2 outdoors sometimes it had to redo one of the mic settings due to "background noise". The original PA simply had you turn up the pink noise volume until the mic got the signal level it needed.

JMc:
Haven't noticed anyone else mention this, but if you're using compression on your vocal mic, kill it. 

yigba:
I have a Springsteenesque voice - I absolutely have to compress my vocals.

Wynnd:
I use a lot of compression on Preachers.  Those guys will go from a whisper to a real loud shout in the same sentence.  With compression I'm able to bring the whisper up to listening level and prevent the shouting from hurting the audience or my equipment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version