Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Serious Glitches With DL32R and MF

<< < (12/15) > >>

wkndwarrior:
I've been following this thread with interest as a DL32R user. I record nearly all of the shows I do as a sound engineer for various bands and so far, have never had any problems. Until now I wasn't aware that it might be necessary to 'eject' the HDD from the mixer before shutdown.  That is something I had never done before. I do however, eject it from my PC whenever it's connected to that. Over last weekend I recorded two full shows with two different bands, and did not eject the HDD either time. No issues, and the recordings came out fine.

From what I can tell, the OP is still using the same HDD that is having issues. Might be time to try a different drive. If the same issues occur, then it would positively be the unit or software that is causing the problems. If not, then it's the drive that is the issue.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: wkndwarrior on September 07, 2015, 09:24:56 PM ---I've been following this thread with interest as a DL32R user. I record nearly all of the shows I do as a sound engineer for various bands and so far, have never had any problems. Until now I wasn't aware that it might be necessary to 'eject' the HDD from the mixer before shutdown.  That is something I had never done before. I do however, eject it from my PC whenever it's connected to that. Over last weekend I recorded two full shows with two different bands, and did not eject the HDD either time. No issues, and the recordings came out fine.

From what I can tell, the OP is still using the same HDD that is having issues. Might be time to try a different drive. If the same issues occur, then it would positively be the unit or software that is causing the problems. If not, then it's the drive that is the issue.

--- End quote ---

Always a "Best Practice" to eject drives (PC or DL) since if a write is happening in the background, file corruption may occur.  Also, I don't rely on drive lights to tell me if a drive is being read or written to.

Harpman:
Also, when I was on the phone with Jeff (JMc) and had him run CHKDSK F: /f, it stated that the volume was in use.  He had Adobe Audition open as well.  My recommendation is to close any app (iPad or PC) that has it's hooks into the drive volume before ejecting (with the exception of MF on the iPad of course  ;)).

beno:
Hey JMc. Sorry you are still having issues. As again this is an issue that I have heard no other user reporting, I have to think the next step is trying another hard drive.

JMc:

--- Quote from: beno on September 08, 2015, 03:04:01 PM ---Hey JMc. Sorry you are still having issues. As again this is an issue that I have heard no other user reporting, I have to think the next step is trying another hard drive.

--- End quote ---

I guess so.  Will do.  It's just hard for me to understand why a drive that is new, that I am otherwise having no problems with, and recorded a good dozen shows with previously, is now suddenly corrupting itself?  It also doesn't really explain why the DL32R is showing that it is recording, but not ultimately saving the folder containing the files.  Or why it worked fine two shows in a row recently after going through all the instructions, but crapped out again after removing from the mixer to offload the files once it was plugged back in.  But yes, I'll try a different drive.  A Samsung EVO 1T solid state drive, this time.  Wish me luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version