Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

First Serious Glitches With DL32R and MF

<< < (2/15) > >>

JMc:
Thanks for the replies, John.  I think more was at play than just the hard drive.  I brought it in, connected it, and it isn't showing errors.  It's a 3.0 USB Seagate Passport with a shock case and doesn't get banged around at all.  That, plus the weird thing happening with the channel that was never muted coming back to life when I brought the Master Fader App front and center.  Another forum member and local buddy of mine suggested that it might have to do with memory resources being eaten up by some of the other apps I have on the iPad and that functions in MF allocating that memory might have been the difficulty.  Given what I now know, I will do a hard reboot before every gig.  Not a huge deal.  It HAD been several days since the last hard reboot, so I supposed there could have been at least two or three other apps running in the background that I wasn't aware of.  Hope that takes care of it!  I'd still like to see improvements to the MF app and if it's not getting the resources it needs, there should be some way of indicating that so a failure like the one I experienced can be prevented.  Either that, or make it so MF SEIZES whatever resources it needs from other apps that might be running in the background.

wkndwarrior:

--- Quote from: JMc on August 10, 2015, 12:21:13 AM ---Thanks for the replies, John.  I think more was at play than just the hard drive.  I brought it in, connected it, and it isn't showing errors.  It's a 3.0 USB Seagate Passport with a shock case and doesn't get banged around at all.  That, plus the weird thing happening with the channel that was never muted coming back to life when I brought the Master Fader App front and center.  Another forum member and local buddy of mine suggested that it might have to do with memory resources being eaten up by some of the other apps I have on the iPad and that functions in MF allocating that memory might have been the difficulty.  Given what I now know, I will do a hard reboot before every gig.  Not a huge deal.  It HAD been several days since the last hard reboot, so I supposed there could have been at least two or three other apps running in the background that I wasn't aware of.  Hope that takes care of it!  I'd still like to see improvements to the MF app and if it's not getting the resources it needs, there should be some way of indicating that so a failure like the one I experienced can be prevented.  Either that, or make it so MF SEIZES whatever resources it needs from other apps that might be running in the background.

--- End quote ---

When you connected your portable drive to your computer, did you check to see how much storage was left?  The DL32R records in WAV files, and those are very large. I have a 1T drive, and it is about 3/4 full already, and I have recorded maybe 10 full shows on it. 

Also, what model iPad do you have? Many users report that the older models do not work as well as the new models with the DL32R. You should also check your iPad to see how much capacity it has left after all the programs and apps you have loaded on it. I bought a new iPad Air once I got my new DL32R and have not had any problems like you have described.

Personally, I would not try to use my iPad for other programs during a show. Changing back and forth from Master Fader to other programs or apps will leave you unable to make fast sound adjustments if something gets out of hand.

Keyboard Magic:
I carry 2 iPads to all gigs with the DL1608. One for actual wireless operation (iPad Air 2) and the other is docked (iPad 2) in case of wireless pooch out. Then I have an iPod Touch for music playback via AirPlay. Absolutely ludacris dollar wise, but practical if I want the show to run without problems, barring any bizarre incidents of course.  :)

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on August 10, 2015, 01:34:59 PM ---I carry 2 iPads to all gigs with the DL1608. One for actual wireless operation (iPad Air 2) and the other is docked (iPad 2) in case of wireless pooch out. Then I have an iPod Touch for music playback via AirPlay. Absolutely ludacris dollar wise, but practical if I want the show to run without problems, barring any bizarre incidents of course.  :)

--- End quote ---

Wait, you can dock the iPad to the DL32R with that USB port on the back???  Does it charge it too?

I'm I realize that this confirms that I didn't read ANY manuals, I know ;)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on August 10, 2015, 01:52:29 PM ---Wait, you can dock the iPad to the DL32R with that USB port on the back???  Does it charge it too?
--- End quote ---
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1033.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version