Author Topic: Mackie DL32R for Hire - Manchester Area?  (Read 2401 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Mackie DL32R for Hire - Manchester Area?
« on: August 17, 2015, 08:31:29 AM »
Bit of a long shot, but thought I would start here. I have a gig on the 4th of September for a local artist's video launch party and the rider I have pushes me beyond the channel count of the DL1608. I could trim it back, but it feels like it would be a significant compromise and ideally I don't want to sub-mix from a smaller mixer. I could hire in something else, but would prefer to work on a platform I know very well.

Is there anyone in the Warrington / Manchester area with a 32R that would be willing to hire it out?

Cheers,

Ian

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Mackie DL32R for Hire - Manchester Area?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
The back up would be to run the drum mics into a sub mixer and take a mono of it's output into the DL1608.  It's nice to have 20 mics for the drums, but in most cases, 3 will do what you need.  (Kick and two overheads.)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:57:18 PM »
That's what I was thinking, perhaps do that with the three toms, as the dynamics and EQ will be very similar.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:05:55 AM »
Oh well, many views but no offers. Worth a punt I guess :-/

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 08:16:27 AM »
Well, as it happened I didn't need the extra channels in the end, despite picking up a bargain second mixer. The system worked flawlessly all night, not even a wireless drop out which I was very thankful for as it was a local artist's video launch party to accompany the song she wrote and performed. An absolutely amazing night and its really worth taking a look at the video as they went to town on it and the song is superb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eso8L-U9kCE&feature=share