Author Topic: Aux subs, DRPA and Dl1608  (Read 11816 times)

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
Re: Aux subs, DRPA and Dl1608
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 08:45:46 PM »
Wasn't commenting on Aux fed subs.  Was complaining on kick in the chest.  I really hate that.

Opps! Carry on... ;)
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »
Greg I'm with you on that. I think the only concern on the DL series is that you can't bind more than two channels. So to have a single point for overall FOH sound control you need to squeeze everything into L&R. Using L for low (Subs) and R for the rest (Tops) you can have it all. Separate mono channels to the tops and subs. Use the least used feature of the mixer called pan and you can separate the sounds that only go to subs split it if you want to or send the rest to the tops. Any decent amp or powered speaker will accommodate that. You can even send it on to the DRPA it accepts dual mono in, at least on my DRPA+. The guy in the red shirt's work flow will have you separating drums, metal etc., instruments and Vox to the extend that is possible with the mixer to control the balance of the mix and volume. L&R should be a last resort. Between sub-mixes and DCA's that's 8.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:21:33 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »
Hi Folks,

I have been mixing subs-on-an-aux for about fifteen years.
Some folks link the sub-aux-master with the L/R master, but usually I control these separately. 

If wanted, on the DL1608 The L/R master and sub-aux-master could be controlled by a single VCA.

I often have delay-fills, and occasionally center-fills, on auxes as well.  These ARE linked with the L/R master with a VCA.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo