Author Topic: Buying a new iPad  (Read 2672 times)

stevegarris

• Knight
Buying a new iPad
« on: August 26, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »
The FAQ's on which iPad to buy only go to 2013.

I'm currently running MF2 Classic on an iPad 2. In the future I will be upgrading to Ver 3 so I want this to work well with the newer software.

I believe I've read that I want an iPad Air? I do not need it to be dockable to my 30 pin, but that would be nice if it could. Also, on the FAQ's the link to the 30 pin to Lightening adapter is dead. Is this thing still available?

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: Buying a new iPad
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:53:28 PM »
I think the consensus will be the IPAD air 2 seems to work best.
I doubt you can get a 30 pin version, so your choices are either the DL conversion
Kit to change your 1608 to a lightning or buy the adaptor and lose the docking ability.
Caution, the foreign adapters don't work so well, I only have good luck with the real Apple
Adaptor.

Many people,leave the iPad 2 docked permanently and run the iPad Air as the wireless.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 06:24:26 PM »
I have an iPad Air (1st gen) and an iPad Air 2.  They both work great.  Make sure you get the lightning connector kit as well as the plate.  I thought when I got the plate, it came with the connector kit, but I was wrong. the iPad Air 2 is a little thinner than the iPad Air so there is a slight bit of float.  Once it's locked in, it's solid.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »
I think the consensus will be the IPAD air 2 seems to work best.
I doubt you can get a 30 pin version, so your choices are either the DL conversion
Kit to change your 1608 to a lightning or buy the adaptor and lose the docking ability.
Caution, the foreign adapters don't work so well, I only have good luck with the real Apple
Adaptor.

Many people,leave the iPad 2 docked permanently and run the iPad Air as the wireless.

I have 2 iPad Air's. I leave the 1st gen docked and the Air 2 as the wireless. 
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »
I'm running the latest version of MF on two Ipad2 (not air) and often have one docked and one on Wi-Fi. This works fine for me, so anything newer is bound to be a bit quicker.