Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPad Pro and iOS9 are here

<< < (3/9) > >>

Michael Welter:
I read up on iOS 9 last night, and it sounds interesting. Has anyone here upgraded yet? I'm expecting that MF will work fine on iOS 9, but I'd like to hear from others who have tried it.

Keyboard Magic:
I think that the bigger iPad would make running MF 3.X and MF 4 when it shows up,  much nicer and easier to navigate than the current iPad. Easier on old eyes too. Of course the price may make it hard to swallow unless you have to upgrade to a newer faster iPad, that is.  ;)

PS: Haven't upgraded to iOS 9 yet, but thinking about starting with one device at a time. Since it's supposed to be compatible with even older devices, may just start with the ole iPhone 4S first. Fingers crossed!  :mrgreen:

PPS: Doesn't look like the iOS 9 update is quite ready to drop here in good ole Toronto yet.  :'(

More: Getting ahead of myself. Did some research, according to Mac Rumors, iOS 9 will drop on Wednesday Sept 16th. And a few other sites also stated this too. Ah well, jumping the gun once again.  :-[ Won't be too long until it's here, even though it will be too long to wait.  ;)

beno:
We're definitely excited about iPad Pro. A Bigger screen to show more things sounds cool to us. What about you all? What would like us to do with the additional real estate?

Regarding iOS9. We've been doing some testing for a while. We only got the GM yesterday so we just started testing on that. We've found a few rare but serious crash issues when running 3.2.1 on iOS9 and have already submitted a 3.2.2 fix to Apple to remedy. Hopefully it will get approved soon so we go live next week in advance of iOS9. If anyone is a developer and is using the iOS9 GM and would like to test 3.2.2 it would be a help. Email me at DL1608.Feedback@mackie.com. Thanks.

ijpengelly:
I'd like a full set of meters across the top and perhaps buttons for things like mute groups and Aux / DCAs / Groups rather than a drop down (one press rather than two). With the DL32R I am sure more channels on show would be welcome.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on September 10, 2015, 10:39:58 AM ---Just to chip in again re: thunderbolt port.
IMHO this is a pink elephant of an interface, I have it on my MBP.
Third party support for it is limited and peripherals seem very expensive.

--- End quote ---

Thunderbolt ain't ready for prime-time. It's fine if you're only running one or two low-bandwidth devices, but as soon as you start to push it, it starts to get flaky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version