Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPad Pro and iOS9 are here

<< < (7/9) > >>

Wynnd:
I was quite surprised to find out that there are ICs in the Lightning connector.  So that charging/sync cable isn't just wires and connectors.  Try to not lose them. 

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on September 12, 2015, 03:10:30 PM ---I was quite surprised to find out that there are ICs in the Lightning connector.  So that charging/sync cable isn't just wires and connectors.  Try to not lose them.

--- End quote ---

I saw one on the internet that had been opened and was amazed too,  to see the circuitry in something that small. I can seen why the cable is that expensive (maybe a little overpriced?) and why you should probably stick with genuine apple cables and accessories for 100% compatibility and reliability.

Yorgaki1:
These cables have never let me down.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Apple-Certified-Lightning-Cable/dp/B00NH12YN0/ref=zg_bs_6795233011_3

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on September 12, 2015, 09:35:38 AM ---[...] having only one port that charges and spews information in and out, stupid, no seperate charge port, no usb, no lan  crazy,
--- End quote ---
I don't have any particular problem with having it all be one connector - but hate that Apple won't sell us the complete breakout box for it. You can buy the "camera connection kit" that gives you a USB port but we really need a box that charges the iDevice, gives you one (or more) fully powered USB port, and a UTP Ethernet port. Hey, maybe the iPad Pro will have those eventually and they'll be backwards compatible :) ? In the mean time I've yet to hear of anyone having a problem with the iPad when it's right next to the AP? Just run UTP out to your AP at FOH and you shouldn't have any problems :) .

Kev tyler:
Does the chip in the lead do anything, I thought it was there purely to scupper the chance of using a non Apple cable.

You would think the circuitry encased in the lead would be safer on the pads internal pcb?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version