Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPad Pro and iOS9 are here

<< < (8/9) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on September 13, 2015, 10:10:18 AM ---Does the chip in the lead do anything, I thought it was there purely to scupper the chance of using a non Apple cable.

You would think the circuitry encased in the lead would be safer on the pads internal pcb?

--- End quote ---
AFAIK it's a driver chip with ID so Apple can tell whether a legit device is attached. USB interface is spec'd by timing parameters not cable length. Although for most common cable it's about 10-15 ft. Apple officially only supports a limited number of devices hence the name "camera kit". A minimal USB implementation. USB is the thorn in their side hence the push on Thunderbolt. It' will eventually go away like Firewire. All the unofficial Ethernet connections I've seen are to a Web browser not a DL.
All this talk about USB or any other interface spec is meaningless without a Spec version number and as in USB what is implemented. Try getting that out of Apple. ;D

Keyboard Magic:
So, let’s keep our fingers crossed that MF 3.X and MYF 3.X will work just fine when iOS 9 drops Sept 16th. It's a good bet that everything will work just fine, just the same.  Not even a hint of a MF 4.0 to coincide with the new iOS version.   :(

Wynnd:
I wouldn't pick on Mackie right now.  I'd rather continue getting fixes and improvements at a consistent pace, like they've been coming recently.  MF 3.x is good enough for me to live with for a long time.  Whenever Mackie creates a MF 4, it will be a major change and I'm not expecting that anytime in the next two years.  Stability and no unintentional white or pink noise are critical and probably the biggest reason for MF 3.x.  They're developing the software the right way now and I will be patient.

Keyboard Magic:
Not picking on Mackie, just hoping everything works out with the iOS update. And I did state that " It's a good bet that everything will work just fine, just the same"

Mackie has always come through with updates and patches everytime as far as I'm concerned. I am using 3 year old DL1608 that has worked flawlessly with absolutely no issues from day one. There's always going to be a little concern when any OS is updated that can directly affect any device that relies solely upon it for operation.

As far as MF 4 is concerned, it's not a deal breaker that it's not out yet. Mackie will continue to make improvements to the current version and 4 will arrive all in good time. I'm quite happy with 3.x and when 4 drops I will be updating. Just eager to see what version 4 will bring, that's all.  8)

Wynnd:
Waiting is a bitch.   I'm quite happy with Mackie and my DL1608.  Personally hoping this mixer gets me through to retirement from the music and sound business.  Can't see me buying a different digital mixer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version