Author Topic: Master Fader 3.2.2 Now Avaialble  (Read 6676 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Master Fader 3.2.2 Now Avaialble
« on: September 16, 2015, 02:22:10 AM »
Master Fader 3.2.2 is a maintenance release for iOS9 support. It is recommended for all users.

Be sure to perform a full System Backup of Master Fader before updating the app from the Tools>Settings view. After updating the app, the mixer firmware may also need to be updated. This will happen when you next connect Master Fader to your DL Series mixer. Please ensure you have enough time for both before your next gig.

Master Fader 3.2.2 changes the following:
• Eliminated Crash in iOS9
• Fixed issue with exporting Offline Shows

Note we have also noticed some new slowdowns when using Master Fader 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 with iOS9. We are testing a fix and submit a 3.2.3 to the App Store shortly.

pytchley

• Knight
Re: Master Fader 3.2.2 Now Avaialble
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
What! More new slowdowns? Great stuff Mackie.

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »
Should I be concerned that I did not have to update the firmware after this update?  Also, Ben, the "bug" of showing the last recorded file in the recording window has not been eliminated as stated near the end of of the update laundry list of improvements.  Thanks! 

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 05:24:42 PM »
No firmware updates with 3.2.2. Generally there won't be a firmware update with any 3rd digit release.
Regarding the recording name, we thought we fixed it for 3.2 but clearly didn't.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 09:15:10 PM »
Should we update to 3.2.2 before, or after, updating to iOS9? Or does it matter?
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:45:15 PM »
I'm holding off updating everything until after the upcoming gigs next week. By then hopefully, maybe MF 3.2.3 will drop.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 01:18:20 PM »
iPad Air 2 with iOS 9 and latest master fader 3.2.2 worked great...  iPad 2 with iOS 9 and latest master fader had a glitch that happened one time. This is the iPad I use on stage for my monitor mix and it streams via my airport all of our break music.     That one locked up for 2 minutes, in which I could not do anything. Could not force close an app, return to the home screen, etc.   Then, it spontaneously rebooted, and behaved for the rest of the show.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 01:21:36 PM »
Oh, that iPad 2 only has the iOS 9, mackie apps, and tango remote on it. No other apps. All the dazzling things like animations are turned off, etc.    It's growing long in the tooth I know. Probably have to replace it with an air 2 before the year is out.

WJF

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
Hi Ben -

Any word on 3.2.3 and when we might expect to see it? I'd like to move to iOS9 but don't want to risk slowdowns in the responsiveness of MasterFader in order to do so ... Thanks!! ... Will hope to hear good news from you soon.   :)

BTW ... I'm using an iPad 3 if that matters at all. Thanks again!

Note we have also noticed some new slowdowns when using Master Fader 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 with iOS9. We are testing a fix and submit a 3.2.3 to the App Store shortly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:15:56 PM by WJF »

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »
Same as, watching with interest.

Hi Ben -

Any word on 3.2.3 and when we might expect to see it? I'd like to move to iOS9 but don't want to risk slowdowns in the responsiveness of MasterFader in order to do so ... Thanks!! ... Will hope to hear good news from you soon.   :)

BTW ... I'm using an iPad 3 if that matters at all. Thanks again!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »
No matter how fast Mackie is in submitting updates, which is pretty fast, it’s all in the hands of Apple. It is what it is.  :mrgreen:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
Unfortunately we found an issue with our submission and had to resubmit. Apple's approval is kind of slow now too with the new releases so hopefully it will be next week but can't guarantee it. To be clear, the slowness is just in first launch and first time you go to the overview screen. After that, behavior is as iOS8. 3.2.3 will fix these two slow downs.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 01:46:46 AM »
Hi Ben,

I was able to test MF 3.2.2 with iOS 9.0.1 on my Air 2 and other than the little lags you mentioned at the initial start-up of MF, it runs just fine, on the current versions for me. Those little issues are negligible, IMHO. No biggie there.

Now that iOS 9.0.2 has just dropped, for experiment sake, I’m going to test it with MF 3.2.2 to see what, if any differences show up. Shouldn’t make any difference though.  8)

Addendum to this post:

Just tested with iOS 9.0.2 and there is still the same "load delay" of MF in my case up to 14 seconds for it to become responsive to touch on my Air 2 and erratic still on my old iPad 2. Once the delay is over, on my Air 2, it works just fine. This start up delay is not a deal breaker at all.

I am how ever waiting for MF 3.2.3 to drop, just the same.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:06:17 PM by Keyboard Magic »

WJF

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 06:03:28 PM »
Any update on the availability of 3.2.3? Thankfully, everything on my system is working well so really asking more out of curiosity than anything else. Still ... seems like it's been a while ...

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 07:05:43 PM »
Apple review has been slow lately. We submitted last week and are still waiting. Hopefully they will get to it soon and we can release early next week.