Author Topic: iOS 9 Update Work Around  (Read 2798 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
iOS 9 Update Work Around
« on: September 16, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »
If anyone is trying to update to iOS 9 on their devices over wireless connection, it may fail out on you. Connect your devices to iTunes on your laptop/computer and do the update through iTunes. It works!  8)

Might be a slight bug due to the overwhelming demand for iOS 9 at this time? Wonder what the bandwidth req's are for this one?  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:18:35 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
Re: iOS 9 Update Work Around
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
My wife just updated her iPad Air 2 to iOS9 over wifi. No issues. All went well. I have updated either of mine yet.
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:58:02 PM »
Just heard on the news that Apple's Servers were overloaded with iOS9 download demands on the first day of the release. Wireless download for me didn't work, it kept failing. The iPhone kept telling me that the update failed.

Just for fun I connected it to iTunes on my desktop computer directly connected to the router and the update worked. I know it doesn't make sense, if Apple's servers were overwhelmed that morning, why did the download work through iTunes?

I'm holding off updating (iOS 9 and waiting for MF 3.2.3) my iPads due to the upcoming concerts next week Don't want to jinx anything at the shows.  :mrgreen:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 02:30:32 AM »
All of my personal ios devices upgraded just fine.  I like some of the changes, others seem a bit more just for a different look.  The battery life is solidly longer for me.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:30 AM »
And as we all know already, iOS 9.0.2 dropped.  :eek: This one actually downloaded wirelessly for me, outside of the house, sitting on the patio,  no issues. It was a small bug fix. Did notice a couple of times the built in calendar app and even the main screen would become unresponsive to touch on my aging iPhone 4S. It did however let me force close the finicky app.

After a reboot of the phone, no more issues. Of course I'm probably pushing my luck running iOS 9.0.2 on an iPhone 4S just the same though. I suspect the same results with the old iPad 2 too. (Tutu?) :facepalm:

October 1st update: I find the 4S starting to get more erratic under iOS 9.0.2 the more I use it daily. I think it's "matched it's meet" or met it's match in future iOS updates. A faster fone (<---spelled that way on purpose) is in my future I think.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:37:24 AM by Keyboard Magic »