Author Topic: Ios9 any issues?  (Read 5817 times)

K-Dubber

Ios9 any issues?
« on: September 17, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »
I'm still on 8.4 and MF 3.2.1, just wondering if anyone here who's updated to ios9 and the MF update has any feedback, good or bad?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Ios9 any issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
No feedback on my end yet. Have 2 concerts with the 1608 very soon. Haven't updated the iPads to iOS 9 and waiting for MF 3.2.3. to drop first. Doing all that after the gigs just in case. Did update my old iPhone 4S yesterday and it works just fine. Don't use that at all with the 1608 in any way.

Sorry, not much help.  :facepalm:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

K-Dubber

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »
Yea I'm planning on waiting until after this weekends wedding gig before doing any updating just in case too..... I've done my 5s and it seems ok, but that's all.

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »
No feedback yet, but I installed both iOS9 and the latest MF update yesterday with no issues.  I fired it all up.  Everything appears to be good.  I sure hope so.  Got a gig tomorrow night.  I recently updated my firmware, prior to this install, and was NOT asked to update the firmware after the install, for whatever that's worth. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
That's very reassuring to hear!  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 01:31:58 PM »
I immediately updated a herd of various iPads. The iPad 2 is about the same as with iOS 8x. With one glitch where it spontaneously rebooted. Don't know what caused that, it has only done it once. Battery life is about the same.

On my iPad 2 air, all was fine, increased battery life even, except, on Sunday it went into some meltdown mode. It started using 1% of the battery every minute! Closed all apps. Same thing.   Hard reboot fixed it, have not seen it again.

iPad 2 is kind of an old man. I expect issues.  You should too.   Slowness, lagginess, all due to limited resources.

iPad Air - should be fine!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »
I immediately updated a herd of various iPads. The iPad 2 is about the same as with iOS 8x. With one glitch where it spontaneously rebooted. Don't know what caused that, it has only done it once. Battery life is about the same.

On my iPad 2 air, all was fine, increased battery life even, except, on Sunday it went into some meltdown mode. It started using 1% of the battery every minute! Closed all apps. Same thing.   Hard reboot fixed it, have not seen it again.

iPad 2 is kind of an old man. I expect issues.  You should too.   Slowness, lagginess, all due to limited resources.

iPad Air - should be fine!

Hey, John;

Been running the iPhone 4S on iOS 9 for a few days now and it appears to be working just fine so far. From my research, both the 4S and the iPad 2 have exactly the same CPU and onboard system memory, other than a bigger screen on the iPad, I would hope that it would also work as well on iOS 9.

But I still haven’t updated the iPad 2 yet, like I mentioned in my other posts. As you mentioned the iPad 2 is rather getting long in the tooth now. It's relegated only as a backup docked in the DL1608 for just in case and occasional music playback when not docked.

Hopefully the Air 2's will be reduced in price (not much since it's Apple) when the Air 3 hits the stores.  :)

There's supposed to be a lag fix to MF (AKA MF 3.2.3) coming very soon to work with iOS 9. Probably won't make a lot of difference to iPad 2's though. Fingers crossed!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:18:09 PM by Keyboard Magic »

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
Used the DL32r for the first time on Saturday  coming from the DL1608 ...updated iPad air2 to IOS 9 and the Mackie update that came with it ...no problems no issues all went very well  even for the first time on the 32r was good night  if not at first strange not having the ipad docked all the time...to any thinking of moving to the 32 from the DL1608 remember to bring the charging cable  as I nearly forgot ..

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »
No issues with my iPad 2 whatsoever.  Had a gig Friday with the updated iOs and Mackie MF.  Went off without a hitch.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 10:26:07 PM »
I'm really tempted to do the upgrade but I'm also going to hold off until after the weekend.
3 shows to do so I just can't risk a meltdown.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 02:02:50 PM »
It would be a wonderful world if all the nagging doubt was removed, wouldn’t it? Alas, as long as we want to use these amazing devices (I mean that in a good way) there will always be a little doubt. It comes with the territory, I think.

After having all the advantages and features of these mixers, I don’t think I would really want to go back to analog, except as a backup today. The benefits for me outweigh the little issues that come up once in a while.  8)

WJF

• Padawan
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 05:19:11 PM »
Has anyone here with an iPad 3 done the iOS 9 / MF 3.2.2 upgrade yet? I have a show this weekend and am kinda thinking that it would be best to hold off on any upgrading until afterwards ... Unless that is, some brave soul here with the same configuration has gone before me and can report some encouraging news.  Thanks!!  :-)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
From my research, the iPad 2 and 3 both have the same A5 Dual core CPU, but the 3 has double the onboard system memory at 1GB vs. 512MB for the iPad 2. MF 3.2.2 and iOS 9 may run just fine. Having said all that, IMHO, I would hold off until MF 3.2.3 drops.  8)

I would hope to presume that 3.2.3 has already been submitted to the App Store. When Apple actually chooses to release it, is another issue. I’m waiting until after the last gig this coming Sat and for 3.2.3 to drop before updating. No jinxes!  :mrgreen:

WJF

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
Yup ... I think I'm with you KM ... best to err on the side of caution. Thanks!!   :)

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »
Hi Folks,

My Phone, Ipad-3, Air and Air2 are all now running Ios9.

With Ios8, the Ipad-3 was slow to initially load Master Fader, and the Airs were fairly quick.
Now the Air and Air2 are also slow to load.
Once running, everything worked ok at last night's gig on the DL32R.

Tomorrow night's gig will be on a DL1608 and I'll report if there are any notable issues.

The one issue I'm having is on my phone I can't send texts from my phone number  -  the number is grayed out as a send option.  I can receive texts.
I searched and tried some solutions noted online, but so far, no go.

A friend of mine is a doctor who uses an Iphone and Ipad.
He said in his world he is hearing of several folks having mild to significant issues with Ios9.
My friend's phone has the same grayed-out phone number issue mine does.
His boss' Ipad was bricked(won't boot, do anything).

Good luck!    : -)

Thanks and good health,  Weogo