Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Still a DL1608 Happy Camper!

(1/7) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
NOTE: This is my personal take on this particular DL. Thought a positive spin might be nice for a change.

I haven’t used this DL1608 since the last concert at the school in June 2015 and having just said that...

I just fired up the DL to test all the gear before my concerts at the school and church dinner next week. OMG the mixer is so clean to my ears. No issues whatsoever. I’m once again blown away by the sound quality. No hiss, nothing. I am playing through my Yorkie PS12P powered cabs.

With little or no EQ tweaking in MF, everything sounds so HI-FI. I am playing the iPod Touch 5th Gen using AirPlay from the AP Express Router, audio out L&R into Ch. 15 & 16. Oh I am testing with 256 Kbps MP3 files.

I did not upgrade the iPad Air 2 to iOS 9 and MF is still at 3.2.1. I am glad that this particular mixer is still running a treat after 3 years. Not even going to try to convince the school to move to another mixer. I guess this old adage still applies:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."   8) :)

Wynnd:
I'm also very happy with the mixer and the current version of Master Fader.  I went ahead on upgraded everything.  Haven't tested it yet, but I don't know when my next use will occur.

Michael Welter:
Does the 1608 have the same mic pres as the DL32R? I love the crisp, clean sund of my DL32R. It's the best sounding mixer I've ever owned.

ijpengelly:
I think the DL32R has a slightly different version of the Onyx pre-amps to allow the remote control element, though I would expect that change has little effect on the audio path.

Likewise, still happy and still going strong after more than 3 years of ownership.

James91104:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on September 20, 2015, 09:05:30 PM ---NOTE: This is my personal take on this particular DL. Thought a positive spin might be nice for a change.
--- End quote ---

KM, just to be sure, your personal hands on experiences with any DL series mixer has been only with others available for you to utilize ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version