Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Still a DL1608 Happy Camper!

<< < (4/7) > >>

WK154:
Well Kev that's an easy solution, don't own any Apple products. What you can't survive without them, think again, Millions of people have.

sam.spoons:
Except you can't survive without Apple products if you use a Mackie DLxx.

Apple app store products are far cheaper than they would be if you bought them directly off the developers, the profit for them is in the volume of sales (or in the case of Mackie and Behringer the hardware sales they help generate).

My theory is that if it's cheap enough (like Reaper) and it works users will be happy to pay for it and less likely to pirate it. I don't use Cubase anymore for two main reasons a, I prefer Reaper, and b, I can't justify the high cost of Cubase for the amount of use I would get from it. Very few iPad apps cost so much that I have to think twice before buying them. If you backup the old app before updating you can easily go back to it, what you can't easily do (if at all) is give a copy to somebody else (which for a paid app would be depriving the developer of his cut).

WK154:
Sam I view this as a Mackie problem. What about all those FREE apps that aren't free because Apple charges the Lister and guess who pays for that service. Not so free anymore. What gives Apple the right to control distribution of that free app?

dpdan:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on January 03, 2016, 10:52:38 AM ---the distribution of iOS apps, even if they are free, only through apples outlet, not via an email or download from the bloke who owns and created the app. Incredible when you think about it.

Kev

--- End quote ---

just my opinion,,,
if Apple allowed anyone to make an app and post it for sale or free, all the Apple products that use those apps would be full of viruses and contain programs that turn those devices into useless, worthless pieces of crap. MS

So now you can shoot me for my opinion

sam.spoons:
I have to agree with Dan here, the Fruit's insistence for only supplying apps throughout the app store is sometimes frustrating but OTOH it's rare to download an app and find that it either doesn't work as expected. On the one occasion I had an app which didn't perform as I hoped Apple refunded me for the app (I did contact the developer first but he was unhelpful).

Also I've never had a virus delivered in an iOS app (those are amongst the biggest selling points for iDevices IMHO).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version