Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Still a DL1608 Happy Camper!

<< < (6/7) > >>

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on January 05, 2016, 12:19:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on January 03, 2016, 04:42:53 PM ---Well Kev that's an easy solution, don't own any Apple products. What you can't survive without them, think again, Millions of people have.

--- End quote ---
As for dans comments, I have to disagree with him, or at least suggest a compromise, people wanting torch apps games and other crap should go through Apple to maintain integrity, but  a small number of bonafide companies who have mission critical apps who's use is exclusive to a single product, should be allowed to distribute them openly.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

With iOS 9, it is possible and supported to "side load" apps, bypassing iTunes and the App Store. You do still need a Mac to do it, and XCode 7, but the functionality is there. This link describes the supported process:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/10/12/how-to-sideload-apps-on-iphone-ipad-ios-9/

This is how movie theaters, for example, load the Fandango ticket validation app on the iPhones used by ticket takers. Many "enterprise" users of iPads and iPhones use the process for their custom applications as well.

Cheers!

WK154:
Interesting but after reading the process it's quite apparent that the paranoids still want to be in control. Hardly what I would call a useful process but a beginning. Wonder what corp. put the screws to them to provide this?

Kev tyler:
Thanks guys

But while control apps are all over the place, I do not want to purchase any more gear, or spend time learning non musical related skills right now,

I just  wonder how long it will be before X factor and the voice stipulate that artists can sing dance look pretty and manage small and large wired wireless networks etc.

:)

WK154:
Soon Kev, soon or as the Mfg.'s say in a future release, so keep in touch. I was looking at Mackie's Reach, no it's not a toothbrush, and thought about you. Perfect for the solo artist FX foot-pedal optional but maybe better effects all 16 of them.  ;)
Cheers

Keyboard Magic:
If anyone is really interested in the Mackie Reach specs (kinda, maybe?)here's the link to the PDF Spec Sheet. 

http://mackie.com/sites/default/files/PRODUCT%20RESOURCES/SPECS/Spec_Sheets/Reach_SS.pdf

Not too bad in the power dept. of 360 Watts RMS. Might be good for small to medium size venues? And light at about 31 pounds.

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version