Author Topic: My Fader rotating and unusable  (Read 4917 times)

Rick Scofield

• Padawan
My Fader rotating and unusable
« on: November 10, 2015, 03:03:26 AM »
I can't be the only one experiencing this. In fact I know of at least one of my band mates having this problem too.

DL1608 is running MF Classic, iPads connect just fine, open the My Fader app (also on MF Classic) on the iPhone and it comes up fine.  When I hit the "tool gear thing" to select my mixer and current show, I get a half screen showing the settings. Leaving me without the ability to hit the gear thing again to control the mix.

Any manner of rotating the phone to try to get full screen isn't helping. I couldn't find any reference to this happening in the manual or on this site.

It hadn't happened to me until just the other night. I had seen it happen previously on our female vocalists iPhone, and force-closing the app and reopening seemed to work for her.  I could not fix it on my own iPhone 6.

Anything I missed somewhere? Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling My Fader Classic?

Thanks,
-Rick

Wynnd

• Master
Re: My Fader rotating and unusable
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 05:14:23 AM »
My Fader is locked sideways.  Don't think rotating will help at any level.  Curious software behavior.  A full reinstall of the software after a full reboot shouldn't hurt you.  (Not saying it will cure the problem, but any computer repair service would be doing that unless they knew better.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 05:20:18 AM »
This is a bug.  Just installed My Fader and it happened immediately to me too.  Recall that the latest version of ios allows for half screen and two apps.  That's exactly what we have happening here.  Mackie needs to lock it into full screen mode and not allow split screens.  I'm going to look into whether or not there is a way to lock split screen out.  (iphone 6 also.)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 05:26:13 AM »
Definitely a bug.  Got to get this to Beno for fixing.  Did you have that problem with ios 9.0?  It's clearly a problem with ios 9.1

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:28:11 AM »
Also, I didn't think that the iphones were supposed to have this behavior.  Might just be a misunderstanding on my part.  FyI  Version 3.x of My Fader doesn't have this issue. Only looks like classic does.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »
This recently happened to me as well. I was setting up a drummer's iPhone so that he could mix his own ears, and it would only display the half screen. I ended up giving him my iPod touch, which is still running 8.x as are all my other i devices.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
Being that My Fader for classic wasn't expected to be supported, Unless Mackie changes their minds, no one using it should upgrade to ios 9x.  (Though I suspect the fix would be fairly simple.  Everyone is running on limited resources, so if Mackie chooses to ignore this, don't be too hard on them.)

PeterKorg

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
Never had that, I use iPhone 6 on iOS 9.1
I guess will be fixed at next update

DigtheDL

• Youngling
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 05:33:16 AM »
I had something similar happen but I wasn't running Classic.  My trumpet players phone was doing the half screen and won't sync.  Couldn't figure it out as the rest of our phones were working fine.  Finally I could see the "Access Limits" button and when I selected it I saw that his "Devices" button was on/limited.  Turned it off and it worked just find.  Not sure if that's your problem but I hope it helps.

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »
Hey All,
there are two parts to this. First problems with the latest My Fader 3. We have not seen this here. So if you are seeing cropped screen or strange issues or any other bugs with either of the latest versions of Master Fader 3 or My Fader 3, please post them or better yet, email them to DL1608.Feedback@mackie.com.

Now, My Fader 2 and Master Fader Classic are no longer the current version of the app. They are left on the store for compatibility with older older iPads and to allow users to upgrade to the latest at their convenience. We are not actively developing it, adding features or fixing bugs. We simply can't support older software forever. Here is the text from the My Fader 2.1 page in the app store.

>>> My Fader 2.1 is for use with iOS 6, 7 and 8. It is no longer supported or tested and is not designed for iOS 9 and is provided for compatibility with older installs only. For compatibility with the latest iOS software and hardware, search for and download the new Mackie My Fader 3.0. <<<

paulfrench

• Padawan
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 02:01:34 AM »
I was experiencing the same issue this weekend, running My Fader 2 on my iPhone. I made the switch back to Classic, and have been happy with that choice, but now I'm worried that as IOS updates keep moving along that more trouble is around the corner.

If I go back to the latest Master Fader, will I lose all my settings and shows like I did when I went back to classic?

Rick Scofield

• Padawan
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 05:58:19 PM »
Just to be clear, I'm not expecting Mackie to do anything about this. I am fully aware that I am using an older unsupported version of their incredible software.

I thought I might have clicked some setting somewhere in IOS that was causing this condition. Hoped one of my cacophonous friends already figured out a solution that didn't require upgrading to the more powerful version.

For me to upgrade to 3.x, I'm probably going to need to upgrade from my iPad 2, as it will be too slow to run the latest Master Fader. Then my original iPad mini too, as its processor is probably not up to snuff. Then there are the band members that are running iPad minis too. Probably have to have them upgrade to newer models.  Then there is some time to learn and train others on the more complex Master Fader 3.x. 

All this to say I would rather figure out what minor behavior change I can make so that My Fader Classic will work once again on my phone.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 06:27:17 PM »
For me to upgrade to 3.x, I'm probably going to need to upgrade from my iPad 2, as it will be too slow to run the latest Master Fader. Then my original iPad mini too, as its processor is probably not up to snuff. Then there are the band members that are running iPad minis too. Probably have to have them upgrade to newer models.  Then there is some time to learn and train others on the more complex Master Fader 3.x.
I run V3 no prob on my iPad 2 and original iPad mini. There's a lot of unwarranted FUD floating around about this :( .

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »
Using ipad2 also and no problem with latest version
Also using an iphone4 wit myfader 3 also no problems
All the fuzz about slowresponse relateds to the startup
This delay is the loading of the program.

mauijet

• Youngling
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 05:14:59 AM »
Same problem here. Looks like My Fader 2.1 won't work on latest iOS.
D'oh, guess I have to be dragged into the future.