Author Topic: Will I lose my settings/shows going from Classic to 3.2.3?  (Read 3176 times)

paulfrench

• Padawan
Will I lose my settings/shows going from Classic to 3.2.3?
« on: November 12, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
I'm getting nervous about the day when the latest IOS update won't work with Classic, so I'm considering going back to Master Fader 3.

I know that I lost all of my shows and settings when I reverted to Classic. Will the same happen going to 3.2.3?

Thanks

DigtheDL

• Youngling
Re: Will I lose my settings/shows going from Classic to 3.2.3?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
I backed mine up when I converted, but I didn't lose anything.  I've never lost anything with any upgrade.

paulfrench

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 03:18:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm likely going to go back to master fader 3 after the band finishes the next string of year end gigs. I like the simplicity of Classic, but I'm not going to be happy the day it won't work with a future iOS update.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
Why not just set up a real basic setting on the current version. No subgroups or VCA groups.
Just the basic settings.  Using the access limits lock out the extra features and save it as  a "show"
and then use it instead of going back to the classic version.

It probably would not be that much different and you would always have the upgrades there in the event you
want to use one.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

paulfrench

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 06:49:26 PM »
Those are good thoughts. I likely should've done exactly that instead of going back to classic.MF3 and keep it simple. That's where I'm headed after New Year's.

When I returned to Classic, I lost all of my settings. I'm hoping to avoid that again. I'm pretty sure when I went from the original app up to Master Fader 3, the settings were pretty much the same, but going backwards didn't work that way and it wouldn't let me sync settings from my iPad.

I was good with Master Fader 3, but I had a muting issue that I couldn't fix. The drummer wanted to hear his monitor mix while I muted the main mix, and I couldn't get it to work. Drove me crazy. I did all of the things I could, but it stumped me. Must've been something with the subgroups or VCA...

Thanks for the input on this.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
Surprised to hear that, it should have been super easy  to mute the mains and leave his monitor channel live.

The master mutes for each six and for the main can easily be toggled on or off.
Sounds like a flaw in the program you downloaded.  Why not load mf3 again since you can have both on the iPad.
You can play with them offline and pick which you like better and then after you decide connect the iPad to
the mixer and download the firmware to your mixer.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

paulfrench

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 08:07:07 PM »
I was surprised too! I did exactly what you described, and couldn't get it to mute like I thought it should. Something buggy, I guess. Hopefully it won't be there when I reload and switch back.