Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Who's gone from a DL1608 to a DL32R (or even an X32 rack)

<< < (5/10) > >>

James91104:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on November 30, 2015, 09:31:51 PM ---James,
As for channel linking it can absolutely be done using the current version of Master Fader but from memory it couldn't be done when MF was first released.
Cheers

--- End quote ---
Fluddman, I stand corrected and offer my apologies to you, the forum community, and Mackie Central for my oversight and conjecture in my previous post relating to the linking of channels within MasterFaderx.x. You are most certainly correct as to the capability within the current version, as well as Classic. Is really a rather beautifully simple procedure, much in the fashion of MF. To reiterate and be fair though, the channel linking capability does exist within the iOS X/M32 Mix app when properly connected to a device.

If your need/desire to have total control and manipulation via iOS/iPad then the DL32R gets the edge, no question, as this distinction is what puts the entire DL series in a class by itself. Here though is a crux of an issue, where by Mackie`s iOS only design at the outset may have been thought of as a plus, and some as a preference, some may see as a shortcoming, or others as a design flaw. Certainly would depend on perspective and intent of use.

The X/M Mix apps by my metrics are not 100% fully functional, more like 98%, but certainly more functional than many and most, and an absolutely capable solo mixing UI. The app deficiencies/requests are well documented on the Web, in particular the MG User Forum. Judging by the reputed number of unit sales, I doubt this has been a deal breaker.

Then there is the MixingStation Donate app, that here again by my metrics, offers 110% functionality with the X/M32 series. But of course, as the fine print states, YMMV.

Cheers

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on November 30, 2015, 10:58:55 PM ---OK...so here is a dumb question for this topic.

If I have a DL32 I can plug in 32 mics ( or other stuff), easy to do there are 32 XLR inputs
If I have a X32 Rack, I only see 16 inputs on the back panel....how do I get 32 inputs ? On the
big  boy X32 full console there are 32 inputs on the rear, but not on the rack version.

Do I need to buy a S-32 stage box of another $1400.00 ? Or, am I missing something in the comparison
of these two products.

--- End quote ---

You are correct. You need to the extra stage box for 32 mic preamps.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: James91104 on December 01, 2015, 12:02:05 AM ---
As for channel linking it can absolutely be done using the current version of Master Fader but from memory it couldn't be done when MF was first released.
Cheers

--- End quote ---
Fluddman, I stand corrected and offer my apologies to you, the forum community, and Mackie Central for my oversight and conjecture in my previous post relating to the linking of channels within MasterFaderx.x. You are most certainly correct as to the capability within the current version, as well as Classic. Is really a rather beautifully simple procedure, much in the fashion of MF. To reiterate and be fair though, the channel linking capability does exist within the iOS X/M32 Mix app when properly connected to a device.

If your need/desire to have total control and manipulation via iOS/iPad then the DL32R gets the edge, no question, as this distinction is what puts the entire DL series in a class by itself. Here though is a crux of an issue, where by Mackie`s iOS only design at the outset may have been thought of as a plus, and some as a preference, some may see as a shortcoming, or others as a design flaw. Certainly would depend on perspective and intent of use.

The X/M Mix apps by my metrics are not 100% fully functional, more like 98%, but certainly more functional than many and most, and an absolutely capable solo mixing UI. The app deficiencies/requests are well documented on the Web, in particular the MG User Forum. Judging by the reputed number of unit sales, I doubt this has been a deal breaker.

Then there is the MixingStation Donate app, that here again by my metrics, offers 110% functionality with the X/M32 series. But of course, as the fine print states, YMMV.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

No worries James. It sounds like I am trying to justify the DL32R, and it does have its appeal, but the X32 Rack is miles ahead.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on December 01, 2015, 12:22:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: James91104 on December 01, 2015, 12:02:05 AM ---
Cheers

--- End quote ---

Cheers

--- End quote ---

No worries James. It sounds like I am trying to justify the DL32R, and it does have its appeal, but the X32 Rack is miles ahead.

--- End quote ---
.......And the qu-pac way ahead of that ;)

Rdmitch:
So then in comparison would it be more accurate to compare the DL16 to the XR-18 ?

When you try to compare is the criteria number of inputs, the price, or the app ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version