Author Topic: Who's gone from a DL1608 to a DL32R (or even an X32 rack)  (Read 17055 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Who's gone from a DL1608 to a DL32R (or even an X32 rack)
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »
Lots of good advice on here. I'm in the process of migrating to X32 but will still use the DL1608 for my smaller gigs and as a backup. I bought an X32 Compact 18 months ago and used it for a couple of bigger gigs, the rest of the time it resides in my studio. Back in May I had another big gig where a stagebox would have been useful so I bought an X32 Rack, the gig got cancelled so the Rack has remained unused 'till now but I'm determined to get into it soon as the extra features will be beneficial.

Impressions so far :-

I love MF Classic (and have just installed MF4 to try), the X32-Mix app is not as nice to use... But, it is perfectly functional.

The fx on the X32 are very nice, I use the DL fx happily enough live but they are not as good as the X32.

It's great having real faders when I take the Compact out (but I'm a bit 'old school')

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2015, 07:53:57 PM »
I'm thinking an SD16 might be in the mix very soon for stagebox duties. How have you gotten on with the Rack as a stagebox?

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2015, 09:14:09 PM »
I'm looking for a s-16 stage box too.
The plan is to keep the x32 stageside, run the stagebox to the other side of the stage
and run remote with the iPad app.

This would only be in rare cases I need more than 16 inputs and have a lot of set up time to test everything.
Of course it goes without saying that this would be far enough in the future that I have had enough time
to pre program and actually become comfortable with the x32 board. The Mackie is so so darn easy that it's a no brainier to use this as a regular first choice selection at most my gigs since usually I can get by with
16 or fewer inputs.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »
I've only just got the 'Rack-as-stagebox' stage today but it seems to be working fine. It'll be a while before I use both on a gig (probably Febuary/March) as the gigs I have prior are all 'DL1608 gigs' (I'll use the X32 Rack for the next couple if I feel it's ready, with the trusty DL1608 sat next to it just in case). I'll have a play in the studio over the hols and report back.

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 12:37:59 AM »
I used a digital stage box (SD8) with my Rack for the first time last weekend. It was very easy to set up and use.

I sat it next to the drummer and was able to run all the instruments and drums into as well as two fold-back sends and the drummers in-ears. Nice feature that I am sure will be on most mixers in the years to come (well its already on a lot).

My DL1608 still gets some use but mainly as backup now.

Cheers