Author Topic: 1 room mystery  (Read 2230 times)

dave66

• Initiate
1 room mystery
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:01:24 PM »
5 piece band we use a dl32r with lynksys router. It works well everywhere we use it except for one small restaurant/bar. They have a similer Linksys router, but we turned it off. Any way other places also show up multiple routers, but with no problems. in this place, and this place only, we have problems both connecting to our router and seeing the mixer on the ipad. when we finally get it going the mixer shows up, but is listed as "disconnected". can't figure it out.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: 1 room mystery
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:07 PM »
If that's not a 5 GHz router get one. The old 2.4 GHz band is just too crowded.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:36:16 PM »
You really want to make sure you're not on the same frequency.  channels for 2.4 Ghz run 1 - 11.  There are so many more channels available at 5 Ghz.  If you just set the WiFi router up, it should look for an open frequency.  But if it's running on channel 1, and the local WiRi is also running on channel 1, you might run into conflicts.  You want different channels and different names and different IP addresses.

cupojoe

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »
I'd tend to agree... sounds like a channel thing.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »
For macbooks there's an app called istumbler that will identify all the WiFi and Bluetooth channels being used and what type of security there is on it.  It will also give you an idea of what router is being used.  Don't recall if it's free or not, but I've found it useful but I also need to bring my macbook to take advantage of it.   Don't know of any ipad apps that are as useful.

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 09:45:30 PM »
Try Fing on an IOS device.
You first have to connect to your router, then it will see what else is out there.