Author Topic: Master Fader 4.0 Released!  (Read 30939 times)

Bennoach

• Initiate
Master Fader 4.0 Released!
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:40:43 PM »
I can't find docs on the new master fader 4.0

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Re: Master Fader 4.0 Released!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »
Master Fader 4.0 is now available in the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-master-fader-4/id1051811529?mt=8

Please ensure you are running the latest version of Master Fader 3.2.3 and do a full backup of Master Fader 3 before upgrading. 

Master Fader 4.0 can be installed alongside Master Fader 3. It is a separate app in the App Store so you will need to search for and download it. It will NOT autoupdate from Master Fader 3. If you don't know the version you are currently using, go to Tools > Help on Master Fader. The version is listed near the top of the screen. Having it be a separate app lets you upgrade to 4.0 at your convenience and lets you have both versions on your iPad simultaneously.

A popover will appear the first time you run V4.0 asking if you want to import shows and presets from Master Fader 3. You must have the latest version of Master Fader 3.2.3 for this to work.

The mixer firmware will also need to be updated to use Master Fader 4. This will happen the next time Master Fader is connected to a DL Series mixer. Simply follow the on-screen instructions. Please ensure that there is enough time before the next gig.

Master Fader 4.0 works with all supported iOS devices. There is no longer a separate My Fader app for iPhone and iPod touch. Simply download and install Master Fader 4.0 on your iPhone or iPod Touch and you will see the familiar UI.

Master Fader 4.0 adds a tone of highly requested user features including:
1. RTA on output mixes
2. Copy/Paste Inputs, Outputs and Mixes
3. Recording and Playback View for DL1608/DL806
4. Quick Assign for names, icons and colors
5. Scalable UI with support for iPad Pro, Split View and Portrait Orientation
6. Enhanced Access Limiting that hides limited controls
7. Enhanced Files Sharing using system share sheets
8. Oscillator on DL32R
9. Enhanced Devices View
10. Enhanced iPhone/iPod Touch UI
And much more...

Please see the Release Notes and What's New video for additional information:

http://mackie.com/sites/default/files/PRODUCT%20RESOURCES/SOFTWARE-FIRMWARE/App_Release_Notes/V4_0_Master_Fader_Release_Notes.pdf
https://youtu.be/2JP2oYi5hQU

If you run into bugs, please report them to me directly at DL1608.Feedback@mackie.com. And tech support is always here to help with installation and setup questions:

http://mackie.com/support-contact

We hope you enjoy Master Fader 4. Thanks.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
Awesome new features, Ben. Thanks. I can't wait to try it out.
Mackie Junkie

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 07:36:56 PM »
Hi Beno,

THANKS!!

Will try it out this weekend.

For folks wanting to use the RTA on a single channel, I believe you can assign a channel to an un-used aux or group and then look at that group.
Then un-assign that channel, assign another and look at that one, etc.

Good health,  Weogo

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 07:37:47 PM »
Sweet :)
The older I get, the better I was!

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:39:58 PM »
Nice, I just got the emails that requests I supported were fulfilled (items 1 & 3) - as a software developer I appreciate that you kept track of these three year old requests & fulfilled them!

I'll watch the video later, but my company has two DL1608's we use for smaller gigs all the time, this looks like a great update. Thanks Ben!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:06:39 PM by CyberHippy »

thedrums

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 08:02:00 PM »
Thanks, Beno.
Master Fader gets better and better.
RTA 👍 made my day.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 09:42:13 PM »
Is there any reason why I can't see it in the App Store on my iPad Air 2?
Mackie Junkie

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:51 PM »
So cool to see the iPad Pro support - woohoo!
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 01:25:52 AM »
Nice timely release to coincide with iOS 9.2 dropping today (?).  8) Works very well on all my iToys, so far, including the ole iPad 2. Even better that you can install it along side MF 3.X. Even the icon was changed too. AND.. One app for all iOS devices. Tried it on the iPhone 5C and iPod Touch 5th. Not too shabby.

Not going to run 4 and the subsequent firmware update just yet until after all the upcoming concerts for the school this week and next. But after that?  Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead as it were! :mrgreen:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 03:07:29 AM »
 WOW!! just saw the video and looking forward to have a crack at. Thanks to Mackoid Central and Santa`s Elves. Ho, Ho, Ho

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 04:15:41 AM »
What a nice Christmas gift!!!  Thanks Beno

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 07:45:18 AM »
Spent some time looking at MF 4.  Very nice additions.  Setup time looks like it will be dropped quite a bit.  (I missed being able to setup one channel and propagate it across.  It's not perfect, but I'm very happy with it's functionality.)  Thanks to the programming team.  Looks great!

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »
Thanks Beno, some really thoughtful improvements in there as well as the obvious RTA. I've been using one of your Quad eq rack units for years that has this feature and it's invaluable. Along with the Quickassign feature a lot of setup time is going to be saved. Shame about no reverb update though, this is going to loose you a lot of sales... Sorry, I may have mentioned this before once or twice but you're further and further behind your rivals on this one.

jr_jrafael

• Youngling
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 11:03:32 AM »
Beno, good morning.

Congratulations on the new Master Fader 4

yesterday installed MF4 I have done several tests on my DL1608, the RTA at the outlets was great, unfortunately still felt really miss the RTA in the input, it would be very good for the technicians have the option to connect the RTA to make the mix a channel.

I believe that to save connection features and processing of the input DL1608 RTA could be using the microphone itself ipad which is excellent, with this processing would be entirely in software.

another point is the PINK Noise would not be possible terms the DL1608? this is one of the main functions of a mix, the system would be perfect alignment with the RTA + Pink noise also for this console.

I would suggest the option to click appears and disappears clicks, example the EQ Main, vc clicks and opens the EQ, and click again and it closes. The same would input channels makes this operation fast.

A kind of home button would be great.

The component test system will be installed also for the DL1608 version?

The software seems much speed between screens this is great.

The route options perfect.

The Copy MIX system is perfect. with this can spare the time mixing absurdly. Happy Birthday.

QuickAssing was excellent perfect very fast.

Static IP address will resolve many outstanding issues.

Recording and playback excellent very good.