Author Topic: Master Fader 4.0 Released!  (Read 30931 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master Fader 4.0 Released!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Simply Noise is a White, Pink, Brown noise generator.  Might provide the pink noise you want for setting up a sound system.  Don't know, but I'll try it out this Saturday before a sound gig.  (App costs $1.)  Will get back to you guys.  Thanks again to the programming team.  MF 4 looks good.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 04:34:40 PM »
Kudos to the development team.  Nice changes.  Like the recording functionality on the DL1608.  Now you can play back your recordings...HUGE!  In regards to the RTA, I've used the Behringer ECM 8000 for dialing a room. Will have to play around with that with a noise generator.  As Wynn commented on, I have some pre-generated clips (i.e. Pink, White, etc.), that I can play though the house with the ECM 8000.  One last thing that I really like is the export feature. In my IT company, we brand a product (GreenLight FileSync, which is Dropbox on steroids). I was able to record and upload via the SyncedTool app on the iPad and viola, recordings are backed up. Later this evening I want to import via the same method, bringing down the "noise generated" sound bites so I can test the RTA.  So far, so good  :thu:
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
Just practicing with Mf 4 imported settings from 3    when I go to channel 1 look at the EQ settings I could on MF 3 swipe left to channel 2 ,the EQ settings change to channel 2 but at the top still says channel one is this how it should be

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
well I watched the video, loaded the app on 1 of my iPad and played a bit with it and I think it be a fun improvement. some nice enhancements to the program and for that I thank the mackie wackies.

while I really wanted to see some fx upgrades I  will patiently wait for those.  here is my question...

since I rarely use an RTA other than the one automatic one on my Drive Rack I'm open to any suggestions as to how best to use this new feature.  if I hear feadback but I'm not looking at the RTA right then, I won't see the frequency that's spiking.  I have used the spectrograph type that at least there is a few seconds the spike stays visible on the screen. 
Should I try to level the room out, and is this new RTA and where is it "hearing " the feedback from since there is no mike connected to the unit reading the room sound

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:19:41 PM by Rdmitch »
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Bennoach

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »
Wow, WOW
We used a dl1608 until we out grew it. Bought the DL32R. Love it. Just works. No learning curve.
These new features really will be useful for us.
Ben tell everyone thanks from Enos Road Seymour Indiana. (yea that small town)
--john

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:29 AM »
Thanks all. Glad you all like it. We're excited to deliver these improvements and we'll continue to make it better.

when I go to channel 1 look at the EQ settings I could on MF 3 swipe left to channel 2 ,the EQ settings change to channel 2 but at the top still says channel one is this how it should be

That's a bug. Thanks. But in practice that shouldn't cause issues unless you want to type in the new value imediately. Grabbing a control on the new channel should work fine.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »
Rdmitch, you can use it when dialing in the monitors pre-gig by upping the level until you cause the start of feedback and then use the RTA to identify it and dial it out with the GEQ or PEQ. Then you should be able to get some extra headroom on the monitors over a flat setting. Agreed that when it is mid-performance it might be a bit harder to use, but the same principle applies and you can help it to identify where the problem is.

As someone else pointed out, shame you can't have it under each channel PEQ as well, as that is a super tool for tuning the EQ to the instrument / singer and one of the things I really like with the X32 Compact, though their App doesn't have it (Yamaha's does).

Its a really simple thing, but the change of font and a few of the icons makes it much sharper and easier to read on an iPad2 screen (not retina), plus its just that bit classier. Thanks BenO

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »
I loaded 4.0 on my iPad air, and imported my shows from 3.x. However, when I try to load a show, nothing happens. Do I have to connect to the mixer before I can load a show in 4.0?
Mackie Junkie

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »
Should not have to connect to mixer to import.
I did the upgrade on an iPad gen3 and all went well.

Did not try try it on the air2 yet since I have shows this weekend and prefer to wait until
After the weekend
Your never to old to learn something stupid

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 07:33:28 PM »
I loaded 4.0 on my iPad air, and imported my shows from 3.x. However, when I try to load a show, nothing happens. Do I have to connect to the mixer before I can load a show in 4.0?

Worked okay on my Air 2 without connecting....
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »

Don't quote me, but where you go to load your shows, at the top there's Current Show and Offline Shows. Open Offline
and you should see all your imported shows. You can load them from there. Once loaded, they are now under the Current Show heading.

It happened to me and I was panicked that my shows didn't transfer, but they were there under Offline. Hope they're their for you?

:)

PS: Didn't have to connect it to the DL at all!  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 07:50:47 PM »
Yes, I can see the shows under Offline shows. They're all there. But when I tap on one, the Load option is in light red, and tapping it does nothing.
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »
Got me stumped on that one.  :-[ They did load for me.  Sorry, not much help.  :facepalm: Maybe someone else can chime in on this? Ben?

Ah, that new software.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »
Yes, I can see the shows under Offline shows. They're all there. But when I tap on one, the Load option is in light red, and tapping it does nothing.

The preset are model sensitive , so you have to selct 1608 to load presets for 1608 and so on
If in doubt ask

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 10:08:38 PM »
You need to select a device (click the gear, Devices).  If your DL is not on, you can select "Work Offline/Demo."
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player