Author Topic: Master Fader 4.0 Released!  (Read 31006 times)

Topsøe

• Knight
Re: Master Fader 4.0 Released!
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »
On my dl1608 i use a app called : multitrack DAW , for recording easy export via wifi and editing in app
If in doubt ask

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2016, 08:50:16 PM »
Check out MTS studio, full time signature control and the closest thing to the Cockos Reaper ethos I've seen on iPad.

Although, like Reaper, it looks a bit clunky and doesn't hold your hand as much as others.

jr_jrafael

• Youngling
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »
Friends like the attention from you for a suggestion on the RTA ...
Português BR
https://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl-series/suggestions/12372489-selecionar-origem-de-captação-do-rta
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:04:53 PM by jr_jrafael »

jr_jrafael

• Youngling
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »
Boa tarde.

Português - BR

Tenho uma mesa dl1608
Gostaria de passar e tirar algumas dúvidas.

Com relação ao Pink noise este recurso pretende ser incrementado na dl1608?

Infelizmente faz muita falta esta ferramenta.

Com relação ao RTA disponível hoje.
Creio que utilizar o sinal de output de um dos auxiliares ajuda bastante para acertar uma voz ou um instrumento ate mesmo uma microfonia. ...

Porem não ajuda em nada para alinharmos o sistema, pois ao soltar o pink noise no canal do ipad e ligar o RTA no LR o sinal esta perfeito, mas o sistema nao esta nada alinhado.

Acredito que a ferramenta de RTA ja disponível é muito boa mas apenas para equalização... para ficar perfeita seria ótimo que tivesse nos input com isso certamente conseguiriamos fazer a equalização do canal mais perfeitamente e mais rápido. 

Minha sugestão é. ...
E uma outra ferramenta para alinhamento de sistema.
Com pink noise e RTA

Porém creio que o ideal seria utilizar o microfone do ipad ou ate mesmo plugar em um determinado canal um microfone condensador especifico para RTA.

Mas o ideal seria que pudessemos escolher entre um canal ou o microfone do ipad.

Com a ferramenta existente de RTA conseguiriamos equalizar os canais perfeitamente alinhados, e também alinhariamos o sistema perfeitamente.

Fica ai minha dica.

Valew.

dfox

• Youngling
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
hey guys. New to the forum, not so new to the DL1608.

usually i try to ring out the speakers and look for critical areas by turning a mic gain and the main fader loud and i ask to someone to make some specific noises and provoke the feedback.

i'm getting great results with it and i got very exited when i knew they where giving it a RTA in the new update.
I've never worked with one before, but i read a lot about it, but it got me thinking, since the oscilloscope is only available on the DL32 how is the best way to use this RTA, like the guy said on the Portuguese post before this, isn't the signal coming out too clean and therefore making the RTA unusable to EQ the speakers with white noise coming out of the iPad channel ? are we supposed to make the PA ring with the mike as i describe before and will the RTA act?

Please advise me on how to use this RTA.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2016, 02:36:12 AM »
I use the RTA without any audio input.  Just keep turning up the volume and eventually you will get feedback and with the RTA, you know exactly what frequency it's occurring at.  Put a narrow dip and then turn up some more and see where the next frequency shows up...  Don't do it too often.  Probably 4 times would take care of the greatest offenders.  Might want to do the monitors separate from the FOH.  My take anyway, but I also have DriveRack PX for the powered speakers and a DriveRack PA for the unpowered speakers.  Both have anti-feedback that's even easier to set up.   (I've had them for a while.)   I also have an app on my phone that identifies feedback frequencies too.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:34 AM »
And the easiest and best way to prevent feedback is for the band to turn down.

jr_jrafael

• Youngling
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2016, 02:51:49 AM »
Português - BR

Creio que tentar alinhar o sistema com a ferramenta disponível de RTA seria em vão.

Apesar de de vc conseguir verificar as frequencias ainda não é o ideal se a origem do pink noise for o próprio ipad ou se o aparelho estiver plugado na mesa.

Creio que para equalizar um grupo de canais ou para saber como esta sua saida de audio o RTA existente e bom. Mas seria perfeito se isso fosse empregado no input nas entradas de sinal individualmente... isso sim seria perfeito pois o musico cantaria e vc ja deixaria plana todas as frequências. ...

Eu mandei uma sugestão para que fosse adicionado uma nova opcao específica de RTA que pudessemos selecionar o mic do ipad ou um determinado canal onde pudessemos colocar um microfone condensador de RTA.

Mas creio que isso certamente uma hora irá acontecer.

Um abraço a todos.

dfox

• Youngling
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2016, 04:16:28 AM »
And the easiest and best way to prevent feedback is for the band to turn down.

I play in a Folk/pop band so i have the eléctrico basse and the Drums in one side and then i have the banjos/fiddle/mandolin/etc... On the other so just turning the band down, sometimes isn't enough. But since I started ringing the pa like I said before I had seen my job cuted in half. It's rly similar process that you described but without the help of the rta I just had to look for the frequency going up With the sliders in the 31 band eq and then if it was the right I would just cut it. Just so I get it clear, you have one Chanel with a mic open at least to do that right? As is, the rta will help my find that frequency more quicker with this method but wt I was rly hoping was to just rely on the pink noise and the rta as sometimes we play at weddings and not every time we are allowed to do much noise. having pink noise instead of having someone shouting in the mike looks so much more professional :p.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2016, 05:55:51 AM »
Pink noise can help you flatten the frequency response of your PA system.  But doing it in a particular room has a few pitfalls that need to watched out for.

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »
Pink noise can help you flatten the frequency response of your PA system.  But doing it in a particular room has a few pitfalls that need to watched out for.
Depending on when you set up, someone talking or singing into the mic may be better than subjecting a partially filled wedding room with pink noise...
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

jr_jrafael

• Youngling
Pink noise / RTA
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
Português - BR

Alinhar o sistema é fundamental.... a ferramenta para isso é uma das questões... o pink noise gerado pela mesa, mais a opção de conectar um microfone condensador em uma canal ou usar o microfone do IPAD para analisar o sistema apos as caixas de som é o ideal. corrigimos todo o espectro de frequências sem precisar de qualquer software, plugin, app ou cabo... 

a outra questão é usar o RTA para analisar a sua equalização geral de vozes instrumentos, grupos, saídas de áudio.... com o RTA nas saídas já conseguimos identificar possíveis microfonias, ver onde o som esta soando com mais força, ter uma noção de como esta nosso sistema.
se esta opção fosse adicionadas nos canais de entrada na tela de EQ certamente teríamos uma mixagem muito mais simples e eficaz, podemos corrigir frequências especificas de cada cantor ou microfones, podemos perceber e atenuar ou ressaltar as frequências....

isso é uma ferramenta fundamental para os técnicos hoje.

Desde já grato

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2016, 04:29:49 PM »
No sign of progress on the app front. Unless there is something we're not being told it would seem Mackie are satisfied that enough people are happy enough so the problems described here have a shelf life and we can move on without addressing them.

I'm becoming such a bloody cynic, shame.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2016, 02:46:28 AM »
When it's been a year I'll be the first to grab my pitchfork and torch and storm the castle ;) - until then let's imagine something HUGE is being worked on :) .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2016, 06:37:38 AM »
I think all some are looking for are bug fixes. The annual surprise is in November way to early now.
When in doubt KISS