Author Topic: EQ Preset for V Drums  (Read 2478 times)

vmastros

• Youngling
EQ Preset for V Drums
« on: December 16, 2015, 03:57:23 AM »
I use a Roland TD-20 V-drum setup with my band. I just use the main L-R outputs of the module rather than the direct outs. Does anyone have a custom EQ setup for this situation? Which of the included presets would be best?  Thanks for the help?

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: EQ Preset for V Drums
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
No special presets, but I might suggest that you use your pan control on the TD-20 and send the kick to the left output and the rest of the kit to the right. That way you can take the kick to a separate input on the Mackie and be able to eq that channel properly. The rest of the kit can go to another input set pretty flat.
Not that you can't adjust your eq for each drum right at the TD, but that allows the sound tech or you more flexibility still only using your L/R outputs.
Ideally, I would use the direct out on the kick, the left main output for toms and snare,  and the right output for cymbals and all the other effect you may have programmed into the Roland.  That would give you a bit of flexibility for the overall kit only,using 3 outputs. It will require a adaptor or direct box since the DL only has 2 of the 1/4" inputs.  Personally, I would get a direct box form each output and stick with all XLR inputs.

Sounds like your trying to ease the setup and minimize wiring and use of board inputs.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:44:04 PM by Rdmitch »
Your never to old to learn something stupid

vmastros

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:04:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. The DL has four 1/4" inputs and I will give your suggestions a try.

Ease is the name of the game. We're a bunch of old guys in a garage band.  :lol: :lol: :eek:

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »
That's right  4 -1/4" on the DL1608 I get my boards mixed up sometimes 😄
Your never to old to learn something stupid