Author Topic: Getting an app off an iDevice  (Read 5755 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Getting an app off an iDevice
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 02:04:54 AM »
I prefer keyboards for typing too and have bluetooth keyboards for all my ipads.  On the other hand, I find myself trying to manipulate the screen of my MacBook Pro and that still doesn't work.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »
Me too  >:(

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »
Well, back on topic...... I've managed to get an old version off an iPad using iTunes 12 on a different computer (i.e. not the one it was synced to). There were no apps in this iTunes instance, it's my studio MacPro and I just use iTunes for music playback in the studio. I plugged the iPad with the old app version into the computer, told it to 'trust' the computer and used 'file>devices>transfer purchases' to the MacPro. I just ignored the 'wipe and sync' messages etc.

I'm waiting for the guy over on the X32  forums to try it and get back to me.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
Hey Sam remember this post.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=814.msg9072#msg9072
I'd be interested if a different platform will work without giving them your account. I don't think that will happen  ;) .
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
Remember it well  8)

Both my Macs are associated with the same account. I doubt very much is there is a practical way to load an app from somebody else's account. I have tried just to confirm that it won't work (tried to import X32 Mix onto my wife's iMac/iTunes) and it definitely doesn't without some intervention/hacking which I haven't got to trying yet (it's a bit beyond my skill set too but I'm investigating).

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 07:06:50 PM »
In case everyone here forgets that these apps are FREE they should not be treated by the Fruit as potential stolen property. If anything Apple is stealing from you.
When in doubt KISS