Author Topic: Ok, So is MF 4 Working Well or Not??  (Read 6482 times)

wkndwarrior

• Youngling
Ok, So is MF 4 Working Well or Not??
« on: January 05, 2016, 05:12:32 AM »
Based on some posts about numerous problems with MF 4, I have not yet updated my DL32R. On the other hand, I have seen other posts where the user has no issues and is happy with the update.

So, I'm hoping that I can get as many users who have updated to MF 4 to comment here, either good or bad.  Are you having issues, OR is it working well for you? 

If it's working great, please mention what iPad models you are using -new models, or older models, etc.

If you are having issues, what were they, and which iPad versions were you using?

Hoping for a good response, all in one place, to get the overall big picture of the update to MF 4.

Thanks! 

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Ok, So is MF 4 Working Well or Not??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 07:08:48 AM »
I like it and it's running on my ipad 2 and ipad mini (Pre-retina display.)   Does take 3 seconds longer to boot, but that's not a problem for me.  So, while I still have MF 3 on my ipads, I doubt I'll ever use them again.

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
Im using an ipad2, mf4 is working very good for me.
But before i start with a show i close all apps and restart the ipad

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
Just finished updating my rig to MF4 (2-iPad airs, iPad mini2).  First gig i next week but I wanted to spend some time with this one and verify that everyone "plays nice" with each other.  So far the only really odd thing that has happened was during the hardware upgrade.  The update froze during the section where it was reloading the old mix data(which was pretty large with several saves shows).  I dumped out of the update and cleaned much of that saved data out.  Forced the MF4 upgrade and it worked fine after that.  I'll have MF4 running on seven devices of all different types at he next show so a good shakeout for sure.

takis

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »
I have not switched over from 3 to 4 yet for the main reason that I could not get my shapshots to transfer over to the new version of MF4.  When I initially installed MF4 (without being connected to the DL32) on the iPad, it did state to transfer snapshots over but it did not...

Thus, until I transfer over the snapshots from MF3 to MF4, I am not using MF4. 

Is there a manual step by step instructions to do this transfer?  I did place a link on this issue, but no one responded.

Thanks,

Taki

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
Working well, I'd say.
I've done two 1-nighters now with iPad Pro and MF 4.  The restore of MF 3 settings worked without a hitch.

I've had 2 very minor issues:
1)  The music playback defaulted to "play song once," instead of play all songs in \Music folder.
2)  The Mute Groups always behave as if Multi Select is enabled, even when it isn't. I reported it to Mackie, and they quickly responded that it is a known issue that will be cleaned up in the next release

The RTA on the monitors was very helpful Saturday night - I was using a new wedge and got some ringing at about 4.8 KHz, found it and fixed it before the band went onstage.
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 05:17:22 PM »
I have not switched over from 3 to 4 yet for the main reason that I could not get my shapshots to transfer over to the new version of MF4.  When I initially installed MF4 (without being connected to the DL32) on the iPad, it did state to transfer snapshots over but it did not...

Thus, until I transfer over the snapshots from MF3 to MF4, I am not using MF4. 

Is there a manual step by step instructions to do this transfer?  I did place a link on this issue, but no one responded.

Thanks,

Taki

My saves presets/saved snapshots copied just fine after I installed MF4 on the iPad.  Guess I just got lucky.

takis

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 05:36:53 PM »
Thanks.. I will try to delete the app and reinstall and see what happens...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
Working well on my iPad Air2 and iPhone 5C.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »
Working fine on 2 iPad airs and iPhone 5s. Love the rta.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »
MF4 in demo mode on my iPad3 and iPad Mini2, the mini 2 is much (3-4x) faster loading pages. I haven't used it in earnest yet but will try it at the next gig (about 3 weeks).

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »
I have 2 iPad Air 2s, and tested it this past weekend, and was very impressed with it. I couldn't find any issues. I like the new features. I just ordered a new iPhone 6s, and will get it this weekend. I'll be loading MF on that, and trying it out. I can't wait.
Mackie Junkie

cyclops

• Youngling
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 04:34:34 AM »
The two gigs that I've done with MF 4 have been fine.  iPad Air, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro w/ Airport Extreme wireless

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:45 AM »
Did a roundtable discussion today.  did have something weird happen on my ipad mini (Pre-retina display running WiFi.)  All the fader knobs vanished!  I switched screen away and then back and they were back.  Didn't affect the job but it was weird in a way I've never seen before.  I've gotten used to occasional weirdness with computers.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 08:10:53 AM »
Done a few gigs now with MF4 running on 2 iPad2 (not Air) and whilst a tiny bit laggy when scrolling left to right, everything else works like a charm including the RTA. I'm going to upgrade my wireless router which I am hoping will resolve the odd drop out I get in some venues, especially where there are a lot of people with phones between me and the desk. This affects my Behringer X32 app as well.