Author Topic: Ok, So is MF 4 Working Well or Not??  (Read 6492 times)

stevegarris

• Knight
Re: Ok, So is MF 4 Working Well or Not??
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 06:12:58 PM »
Done a few gigs now with MF4 running on 2 iPad2 (not Air) and whilst a tiny bit laggy when scrolling left to right, everything else works like a charm including the RTA. I'm going to upgrade my wireless router which I am hoping will resolve the odd drop out I get in some venues, especially where there are a lot of people with phones between me and the desk. This affects my Behringer X32 app as well.

Just curious, what router upgrade are you thinking about?

I've had similar drop outs, when mixing outside and a bunch of people between me and the router. I was planning on elevating my router next summer for the outdoor shows.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 06:18:23 PM »
Done a few gigs now with MF4 running on 2 iPad2 (not Air) and whilst a tiny bit laggy when scrolling left to right, everything else works like a charm including the RTA. I'm going to upgrade my wireless router which I am hoping will resolve the odd drop out I get in some venues, especially where there are a lot of people with phones between me and the desk. This affects my Behringer X32 app as well.

Just curious, what router upgrade are you thinking about?

I've had similar drop outs, when mixing outside and a bunch of people between me and the router. I was planning on elevating my router next summer for the outdoor shows.
I've had that a few times. I fix it by turning off the wifi on the iPad, then turning it back on again.
Mackie Junkie

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 06:04:48 PM »
I went for an Asus RT-N56U as it was going for £36.50 on Ebuyer and is a dual band router with decent reviews. Hopefully this will be powerful enough to reduce my connectivity issues. To be fair, that TP-Link router is better than a D-Link I had which was supposed to be good and I like the compact design of it. The other bonus with this router is the ability to plug a memory stick in and use it as a UPNP device to stream music to the iPad / other device for playback.