Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 rack conversion project?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 16, 2016, 01:00:21 AM ---Thought about it as well but the analog section/input panel is the problem on size. You need access to the pre's gain knobs.

--- End quote ---

Back panel: XLR, TRS, ethernet, power jack
Front panel: power/phantom switches and LEDs, gains, headphone, iOS jack

That should fit, no?

I would also like to add to the front panel some RCA outs jumped off LR outs, and if I had enough space, some A/B switches to add two more pairs of inputs to toggle with 13/14 and 15/16.

And, if the circuitry isn't different between 1-12 and 13-16, put combo jacks on all inputs.

Maybe even use XLR outs (or have XLR and TRS) for the Aux.

Again, it's a project, might as well see how much can be done.  The above enhancements are all basic electrical connections.

WK154:
Never had the analog section apart or even visible. If you want to split the I/O connectors from the pre's it would depend on the current connector type and whether the extra length would cause issues. Right now they are next to each other. I'm certain the 1-12 and 13-16 are different circuits. The connector board would be the largest at about 3.75", that puts it into the 3U size. Re-laying out the boards would not be a interesting project.

The above enhancements are all basic electrical connections.

Famous last words!  :)

WK154:
I'm sorry ... I meant to say X32 Rack.   I would have picked up an X32Rack already if it weren't for two things actually:
 * no offline editing
 * chassis still to deep to fit into a shallow rack

OK but the X32 has offline editing and depending on the "shallow rack" I see a range from 10.7", 12" 14.5". Since the rack is 11.3" I'd be inclined to take the 12" variety.
Then there is the DIY custom case right on the money. I make a lot of my own. This outfit is 15 min. away.   http://www.reliablehardware.com/.

robbocurry:
Just to chip in ;)
The qu-pac doesn't do offline yet, but it's shallow rackable, Usb multi recordable, has 4 great fx, amm, ducking, has a very good iPad app, android control, expandable to 38 channels, is reliable and sounds great.
 :)
Have a nice day!

Jkowtko:
Yes, that's a really nice unit, like the Behringer but fits in a shallow rack.   The price point is noticeably higher though so I had initially ruled it out as an option.  If the price drops this year and Behringer or Mackie doesn't improve their offering, that might be what I end up with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version