Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 rack conversion project?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 15, 2016, 10:49:03 PM ---John,
In the meantime I am reasonably happy with Master Fader and would be fine staying with the DL series if some of these issues could be overcome.

We've pretty much beat this thing to death, what issues are you referring to?

--- End quote ---

Form factor (2U rack is ideal), USB recording, extra ins/outs for monitor/break ... Things that the X18 has but are lacking on the DL1608.  I would have picked up a X18 already except that they don't allow offline programming like Master Fader does.

WK154:
I would have picked up a X18 already except that they don't allow offline programming like Master Fader does.
I haven't use it offline but V1.3 of X-Air edit (PC) has offline edit mode, so what is it missing?

Jkowtko:
I'm sorry ... I meant to say X32 Rack.   I would have picked up an X32Rack already if it weren't for two things actually:
 * no offline editing
 * chassis still to deep to fit into a shallow rack

The XAir series for whatever reason is a completely different animal ... maybe Behringer bought a company?  And the significant difference between features of the Android and iOS app designs concerns me -- especially when iOS lacks DCAs.  They will have to clean up their apps before I consider an XR18 ... but yes this would be a great small club mixer to pull out of the bag when needed.

So ... IMHO Mackie has a winner in the Master Fader app and its functionality on DL32R ... they just need to come up with a smaller format rack mixer to win me over Behringer's offerings.

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind tearing my DL apart to see if I can fit it in one of my Xracks.

WK154:
Thought about it as well but the analog section/input panel is the problem on size. You need access to the pre's gain knobs. That would be at least 3U. Maybe NAMM ? As is on a slide out rack tray it still takes 3U with the current unit. Same as the XR18.

WK154:

The XAir series for whatever reason is a completely different animal ... maybe Behringer bought a company?  And the significant difference between features of the Android and iOS app designs concerns me -- especially when iOS lacks DCAs.  They will have to clean up their apps before I consider an XR18 ... but yes this would be a great small club mixer to pull out of the bag when needed.

All home grown. Right now things are still being sorted out but my guess would be that V2.x will fix that. I currently won't recommend it and the lack of a manual makes it worse. The Wiki don't do it for me.  :( Lots of unhappy folks.

The DL32 without a wired solution is also a no-go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version