Author Topic: NAMM Mackie release of new mixer  (Read 7110 times)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
NAMM Mackie release of new mixer
« on: January 21, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:53:53 PM by dpdan »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: NAMM Mackie release of new mixer
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51:55 PM »
Nice, but a bit late for me though (and I've been asking Behringer if they'll be making something similar for a couple of years) I won't be changing my X32s for a DL32R in he foreseeable.....

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:40:15 AM »
Well I guess that's one way to get a wired connection for the DL32 in place, just one problem called price 3K really!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:57:01 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »
how are those three ipads "docked" if they're sitting up there sideways with nothing plugged into their lightning ports?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:52 AM »
Marketing forgot to paint in the cables. Can you say Yamaha TF5 a much simpler and much more reliable solution for $3600. Yes with features Mackie is still dreaming about and it's available today.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:17:30 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »
For that price tag they're all connected via the built in Bluetooth with a 100 foot range?  ::)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:42:12 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »
For that price tag they're all connected via the built in Bluetooth with a 100 foot range?  ::)
Actually the connection between the DL32 and the D16 is via Dante (requires a Cat6 cable between the DL32 and the D16), unfortunately the "heart of Axis is the iPad" an unfortunate choice. Once again under the thumb of Apple. Yes the price-tag is roughly $2300 DL32+Dante card, $3000 for the D16 and of course 3 iPad Pro's another $3000 for a total of $8300.  :lol: Midas Pro1, etc. are all in that range so how is Mackie going to go up against that? It cant even hold it's own against a $2300 X32 and two S16 for another $1600 and 3 Android/PC tablets for $1600 for a total of $5500.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:59:04 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »
But don`t forget about the two world class reverbs included in the price of admission. That could possibly tip the scale in favor for some potential customers. ::)

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
I have to agree. At this price point, this setup is a turkey. Yamaha's reliability is legendary and the integration is professional. Mackie is still cutting their teeth with digital mixers as far as I'm concerned and their reliability with all their digital mixers starting with the d8b and the TT24 was sub-par to put it politely.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
But don`t forget about the two world class reverbs included in the price of admission. That could possibly tip the scale in favor for some potential customers. ::)
Reverbs, reverbs, sombody say reverbs? I'm sick and tired of Mackie's dismal offerings on the DL. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Q pac just to get away from them. My combi jacks are falling to pieces and playback music through the iPad channel went totally distorted on saturday night just at the wrong moment (new bug in MF4?). Time to move on?

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:36 PM »
IMO Loud has lost their way at least as where the DL series is concerned, and the DL32R in particular, and I`ve no doubt others would opine that Mackie had lost their way long ago, in a galaxy far, far away. 
`Hands-Free'. That slogan has been part and parcel of the marketing of the DL series, with the DL32R in particular, IIRC.
The DC16 is apparently designed for DL32R connectivity and integration, with no obvious provision for DL1608 connectivity, as hilarious it might be imagining interfacing a $3KUS controller to a sub $1KUS mixer. Though to be fair, Dante connectivity is purported to then be of interest and use outside of the AXIS environment.
Point being, misguided company resources for development on a controller unit for the few (DL32R), rather than a HUI device(s) that can possibly be of interest and use for the many(DL1608 & DL32R), as well as other brands via buit-in connectivity options, other than Dante.

It has been shared with me that there are but about a thousand DL32Rs in use out in the wild. If true, contrast such to the probable and undoubtedly greater number of DL1608s sold and one need not an MBA to discern the obvious. Then contrast that to the other more popular competing brands/models. In addition, I was informed that the DL32R EFX will never be revamped. Ever. However, the fact of the combination of a 31 band graphic, 4 band PEQ, HPF & LPF, and  Compressor on every analog output was stressed rather strongly. No hint of future PC/Linux/Mac software, thus still married to the $650plus billion company`s iOS devices.

Options currently available in the marketplace for consideration at a purchase price equal to or less than as a potential purchaser, or of interest as a manufacturer, I would think:
Purchase of an A&H GLD80/112 and receive a free GLD AR-2412 Remote Unit out of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Presonus RM32AI, CS18AI, SL Dante-Mix card At m.s.r.p. is still less than the Mackie AXIS system projected list price. Recording, DAW, and remote control software inclusive.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 03:35:56 AM »
What happened to all that good user feedback over the 3 years. Nothing like kicking the gift horse in the mouth.  ::)
When in doubt KISS

chrisdski

• Youngling
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 03:51:35 AM »

playback music through the iPad channel went totally distorted on saturday night just at the wrong moment (new bug in MF4?).

That's what I've experienced while recording in mf4, but mine is the recorded audio track. See my post.

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »
For what it's worth (are you listening Beno) my "bug" was a regular theater gig I do where I play some backing tracks during the show. I've previously played them off a docked iPad3 with MF2 or MF3 via a multicore to the stage. This time after quite a lot of testing I tried using Tango remote with the DL on the stage using bluetooth. Soundchecked fine, only thing i did was lowered the trims a bit. Luckily I did a last check ten minutes before showtime and got horribly loud distortion... all I had time to try was resetting the trims to no avail. Then I had to move the DL as far out as I could in the remaining five minutes. Fortunately I only had two wired mics, all the others were radio as was my lighting desk and my amp rack has wheels... I'd also put the music on my phone. This was the point where I discovered one of my combos had gone west (never rains but it pours). The talent were a bit surprised to see a very sweaty soundguy sitting in the third row but the show went fine. Now how much is that Q pac? I hear it's got lovely reverbs!!! Worked fine when I got it home of course.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 07:13:52 PM »
"Worked fine when I got it home of course."
Was that the Q-pac or the DL you were referring to? :)
When in doubt KISS