Author Topic: NAMM Mackie release of new mixer  (Read 7107 times)

pytchley

• Knight
Re: NAMM Mackie release of new mixer
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
"Worked fine when I got it home of course."
Was that the Q-pac or the DL you were referring to? :)
No, can't afford the Qu-pac yet unfortunately. Done more tests and still works fine (at home).
Back on subject, how can Mackie think they can compete with their DL32 + control surface package without offering decent FX in MF? The opposition is so strong in this department. The Qu-pac for instance has four FX units from their top of the range mixers that sound fantastic. Even Be****r have some pretty useful stuff. Mackie's reverb still sounds like it fell out of a Christmas cracker.

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
Re: NAMM Mackie release of new mixer
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 06:13:31 PM »
I've been using my XR18 for smaller gigs. It's been rock solid with the external Airport Extreme I'm using for WiFi control. Effects sound good too. Haven't had a single hiccup yet under mission critical use. They have a few more features to add to the iOS/Android apps to get parity closer to the functionally of the PC/Mac desktop control apps, but it's almost there. I keep a touch screen laptop hardwired to the router along with my iPad for floating around. Great setup. Beats dragging out the Avid Venue for smaller gigs that don't need the I/O count.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:57:23 PM by Greg C. »
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!