Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

A Sign of Things To Come?

<< < (3/6) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on January 22, 2016, 04:05:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on January 22, 2016, 03:42:46 AM ---"The iPad or Android Tablet/phone" was noticed. Why would someone need a button to select a channel to view a meter when all of them are there on the Phone/tablet? Just so you can turn a knob to adjust level!

--- End quote ---

Tactile, "analog" controls like knobs and switches are much easier to use in a hurry or when you're trying to play with two hands and make an adjustment with the third hand that you don't have, all while trying to maintain a connection with the audience.

--- End quote ---

That's why your third and fourth hand has been used for centuries called your feet. I guess Mackie forgot that part.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 24, 2016, 06:36:25 PM ---That's why your third and fourth hand has been used for centuries called your feet. I guess Mackie forgot that part.

--- End quote ---

For most of us, even the feet are in use when playing ... I need one to stand one, the other for volume, sustain, and page turn. And two hands for playing. The musicians' body really does need a couple more arms/hands....

WK154:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on January 24, 2016, 06:48:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on January 24, 2016, 06:36:25 PM ---That's why your third and fourth hand has been used for centuries called your feet. I guess Mackie forgot that part.

--- End quote ---

For most of us, even the feet are in use when playing ... I need one to stand one, the other for volume, sustain, and page turn. And two hands for playing. The musicians' body really does need a couple more arms/hands....

--- End quote ---

We're all getting on in age so let me suggest a bench and a Yamaha Montage. That way you can have a full orchestra live and do it all sitting down. Don't know what they're asking for one, bet it's not cheap.  :)

Keyboard Magic:
What a remarkable keyboard, just did some searching on it. Quite interesting. The 61 note Montage 6 has a suggested US retail price of $3499.00

Here's a link for any interested parties:

http://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/music_production/yamaha_montage_synthesizer/

And another with more details:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/01/16/yamaha-montage-synthesizer-debuting-at-2016-namm-show/

Enjoy!   :mrgreen:

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 24, 2016, 11:44:24 PM ---We're all getting on in age so let me suggest a bench and a Yamaha Montage. That way you can have a full orchestra live and do it all sitting down. Don't know what they're asking for one, bet it's not cheap.  :)

--- End quote ---

I've finally settled on a Roland V-Combo VR-09 for my performance keyboard. It has exactly the things I need for what I play, and it's extremely lightweight (I think my keyboard stand weighs more than it does!). I have a bench, and a taller stool, but I hate sitting when I play live. I've cut my whole rig weight down to about 75lbs, and two trips from the car, and I'm down to about a 10 minute setup and teardown.

The Montage series starts at $3K, too rich for my blood at this stage of my so-called "career".

The PA is a different story. It still weighs most of a half-ton (although I've significantly cut the weight and size back there, too).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version