Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Thinking about DL32R for church praise team

<< < (8/8)

Wynnd:
You can easily fix the drum problem by getting the drummer to develop some low volume skills.  That is the sign of a much better drummer.  (And it is so rare.)   I have a friend who can play down to cocktail level without resorting to brushes.  He's an amazing talent.  Matter of fact, I've never seen him use brushes and they are sitting there in his stick bag.  I know fixing the drummer is unlikely, but it is cheap and even better than shields.  (Way better than shields.)

Kblue:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 07, 2016, 09:45:47 AM ---You can easily fix the drum problem by getting the drummer to develop some low volume skills.  That is the sign of a much better drummer.  (And it is so rare.)   I have a friend who can play down to cocktail level without resorting to brushes.  He's an amazing talent.  Matter of fact, I've never seen him use brushes and they are sitting there in his stick bag.  I know fixing the drummer is unlikely, but it is cheap and even better than shields.  (Way better than shields.)

--- End quote ---

Main praise team used to have a good dreamer who could play quietly... he no longer plays... 
Sometimes, young adult praise team performs at main chapel...This has always been disastrous...
Their drummer used to play elec drum...when he played acoustic, it is loudest.  So hard to hear vocals...
Sometimes, I am surprised young people don't get bothered by this kinda of music... :o

WK154:
Presently the understanding of Quantum Mechanics doesn't scale very well, so I guess we'll  have to look for that transitional explanation. In the mean time someone calculated that 3 yrs. collection of energy hitting this planet would supply all the electricity on this planet for the next 36,000 years. Several companies are at the verge of upping the efficiency of conversion to 90+% so sell your oil stock. Your own power source no more power cables.
This is where in your case a few measuring tools would pinpoint the problem, although the KB is part of the problem. Cable could be aggravating the situation.
The drummer problem won't go away until you can control the level, that means no acoustic drum set. Save your budget.
Sam you just broke the budget.

P.S. that brought me back to 1960 when three of us in H.S. were interviewing for a University and we ended up at a eating club (Princeton U's version of Fraternities). The next table was occupied with a rather healthy discussion between Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr, Robert Oppenheimer and another P.U. professor, something I'll never forget.

sam.spoons:
Well I have been suggesting a X32 Compact at stage side with an iPad for FOH mixing....... t'wasn't me who suggested the A&H Qu route..... :mrgreen:

Get the drummer to invest in some very light sticks (my old, now retired, drummer used to call them his 'knitting needles'). Much cheaper than a e-drum kit (or screens for that matter).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version