Author Topic: Volume drop  (Read 2716 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Volume drop
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
Just curious if any has experienced a occasional drop in overall volume on random intervals.

When mixing I don't really notice anything, since it's pretty loud and a very minor drop can easily go without notice. But one of the band guys notices a drop in his iem. If it occurs in all sends I would have to guess its a drop in overall gain. Possibly a voltage issue ?
Pretty much ruled out the obvious belt pack, batteries, etc and since its on all inputs I have to rule out any mic or proximity inconsistencies.

Standard DL 1608 set up
Anyone have any thoughts ?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:58:24 PM by Rdmitch »
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Volume drop
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:12:04 AM »
IEMs are supposed to have limiters built in.  Any chance they're hammering against it?

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
A drop in mains volts would have to be significant (probably below 90-100VAC so it simply wouldn't happen with a 230VAC system but maybe with a 120VAC mains, I'm in the UK so no experience but I'd think it unlikely?) before it would affect the DL and then would probably result in a system crash rather than a reduced volume. Low mains would affect amps with conventional PSUs but most modern kit has switched mode PSUs which should work with 100VAC up.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Personally....I think he has imagined the whole thing since he is the only one that notices it and everyone is on IEM's.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
If only he notices (and it's a significant drop) it points to the issue being with his IEM kit so I would first swap his IEM channel to another aux out (if you have one spare or swap him with another player) to confirm that it's not specific to the aux output on the desk. You say you have eliminated belt pack and batteries etc? I'd still try exchanging the belt pack if you haven't already done so. Another option would be to get another player to use his IEM setup from desk to belt pack and see if they experience the same problem (and if he uses theirs does he still experience the problem). The only thing not confirmed then would be his earbuds (not swappable if custom moulds and not really hygienic if generics....).

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:59:01 PM »
This is just a thought... Has anyone considered the ears of the band member in question with the IEMS? Might be a slight temp hearing loss in one or both ears? I hope that's not the case, but it could be.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Amondescu

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 01:23:41 PM »
Hello guys,like I said in another topic probably, I experienced not only decreasing volum but increasing till the limit
Of feedback!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 01:47:59 PM »
Maybe Skynet is slowly taking over all our digital mixers?   :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:00:00 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler