Author Topic: Master Fader 2/Classic recording failure  (Read 1899 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Master Fader 2/Classic recording failure
« on: February 20, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »
I know this has been discussed here but I can't find the thread.

This week I've tried to record a few sessions of varying lengths from a few seconds to around 45 mins and in every case the file exchange in iTunes shows an 8KB file. Obviously this doesn't represent more than a few milliseconds of audio or, more likely, just the file header. Transferred to the Macbook the files now show a 4KB file size and, also obviously, don't play any audio. I will try recording using a third party app over the next few days just to see if that's a workaround. I will also try my other iPads and my iPhone 4s.

The iPad I used is running iOS 7.1.2 and MF 2.1.1 and appears to be recording the whole time. When I stop recording it asks for the usual name and save procedure and appends the recording time to the metadata (despite there being no audio). Am I doing something stupid (far from unheard of) or has anybody else experienced this?

The docked iPad appeared ro freeze and lose connection at one point during last nights gig, undocking and reducing allowed the connection to resume but at the cost (I thought at the time) of some lost audio...........

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master Fader 2/Classic recording failure
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:46:46 PM »
Yep, that happens when you didn't give the recording app permission to use the microphone (even though it's using a USB connection to the DL).

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Master Fader 2/Classic recording failure
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
Thanks RR. I'd forgotten about that rather stupid bit of iOS protocol......