Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL vs X32 Sonic Quality

<< < (3/6) > >>

Professor:
Before getting the DL 32 we were using a Mackie 12FX pro.   I have the dbx P2 drive rack as well.  I noticed that the DL sounded a little more 'brittle' than the 12FX.  I was playing just my keyboard through the PA in the garage and it was noticeable difference.  Same drive rack settings.  When we are out on a gig both systems sound great but with all the roar going on you know who can tell what?  My sound engineer friends says "just turn down the treble".

James91104:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on February 22, 2016, 06:17:42 PM ---I have a friend who works for a sound company.................
--- End quote ---
:lol: :facepalm: :P

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: pytchley on February 22, 2016, 08:55:46 PM ---The Mackie sounds astonishingly good given it's a Mackie, behringer hmmmm!

--- End quote ---

Nowt wrong with the X32 range...... Or the DLs.

--- Quote from: Fluddman on February 22, 2016, 08:06:11 PM ---Master Fader is much more user friendly than x32 mix.
--- End quote ---

I've been trying MF4 this weekend and am finding it less user friendly than MF2 (which I use all the time so not really surprising). There's a hell of a lot of scrolling with the extra buss and DCA faders. Behringer's tab based paradigm makes sense when you have as many channels and other stuff as the X32 (10 pages of 8 faders..... I'm still learning it mind you and not used it properly in anger yet). I'll maybe have a play with the DL32R demo just out of interest to see how it handles the extra faders.

dpdan:
VIEW GROUPS

Wynnd:
Master Fader versions past 2.x are a serious jump up on functionality with additional tools which might confuse some.  If you really wanted a simple mixer, you should have spent less than $300.  the Mackie DL mixers are a serious step up in functionality and complexity.   Live with it of move away from digital mixers.  (I suspect more digital mixers will get software upgrades that increase complexity too.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version