Author Topic: Dl1608 losing auxes  (Read 7513 times)

troy mcclure

• Padawan
Re: Dl1608 losing auxes
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
any resolution? I have had the same issue with the latest software and have no Auxes...

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 09:11:39 PM »
since you guys are talking about auxes not working, I noticed that it is a "pair" of outputs not working, and WK is probably correct in that it is an OP amp. The OP amp handles two channels of audio, so this would also explain the signal level showing properly but no audio. The displayed levels are not likely getting their signal for meter reading from the output of the OP amp but instead, before the OP amp...  just sayin....

Dan   

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »
I heard the aux distort and go out... may also be an op amp.... is it worth a repair bill?  All 6 auxes are gone on my board.  I burned them out 2 at a time.
Who has a schematic?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 07:59:15 PM »
I heard the aux distort and go out... may also be an op amp.... is it worth a repair bill?  All 6 auxes are gone on my board.  I burned them out 2 at a time.
Any idea how it happened? Were you using TRS to XLRM cables or ?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »
I wonder if its not that Mackie love/hate relationship with 3M cables (the flat grey ribbon cables). There is a bunch going to the analog section. I would check that before applying the soldering iron. If they discontinue the mixer then maybe will see the schematics.  :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:02:23 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »
I wonder if its not that Mackie love/hate relationship with 3M cables (the flat grey ribbon cables). There is a bunch going to the analog section. I would check that before applying the soldering iron. If they discontinue the mixer then maybe will see the schematics.  :)
No idea... yes I use trs to xlr M

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »
I thought of a simple work around since each person uses an individual monitor of their own vocal exclusively.
Just send the mic through there powered monitor....  however  I  had signal in monitor without the through plugged in and I had signal to board but lost the monitor with the through plugged in.
I wound up using the stereo balance to send a monitor mix to front...it wasn't fun to adjust main volume and have to readjust the balance of the vocals.

On my drive home, I was wondering why the monitors would not all a through and play the signal...could it be the phantom power was engaged?  I use it on the drum overheads and never though to turn it off?