Author Topic: Sudden appearance of Ghost/Locked faders in Master Fader 4  (Read 5222 times)

CreativeKev

• Initiate
Sudden appearance of Ghost/Locked faders in Master Fader 4
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:21:20 PM »
Please Help!!
I have a system set up in a hall, where different staff have their own show based on their ability. I had a show that was for an advance set up, and didn't think I had allowed permissions, anyway.. went to run the show, and things had changed, specifically the fader control of my auxiliary sends, (to amps) lost fader ability, They had a Ghost fader, some set very low, and the non-ghost fader was movable but didn't change anything, and the ghost fader was not movable. This really had a negative affect on the front of house, but anyway.. How can I fix it???? LOL

robmcl

• Padawan
Re: Sudden appearance of Ghost/Locked faders in Master Fader 4
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 08:41:58 PM »
The "ghost faders" you see are a new feature in ver4 of MF.   They are displayed when a channel is assigned to a VCA.   The ghost fader is the result of moving the fader on the VCA channel.   You can't actually move the ghost fader....it is only moved by using the VCA slider where that channel is assigned.
Your fastest solution may be to simply unassign the channel from the VCA until you have time to play with that feature and get comfortable.  Once unassigned, the ghost fader will disappear and the channel will operate as normal

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:07 AM »
This is obviously a case where too much technology is hurting a newer user.  I love all the tools, but it's obvious that this product needs at least two levels of software.  One simpler and very quick to learn and the other at full throttle.

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26:42 AM »
Its not a problem of 2 much technoligie, more a problem of not reading manuels

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
How many of us really, really read the manuals when we get a new toy, unless we get stuck? It’s not in our genes. ::)

Can “Googling it” be considered reading the manual?  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »
Today's answer is to ask Siri.  :)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
Today's answer is to ask Siri.  :)

Too true!  :D
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 04:11:46 AM »
And if I recall correctly, the VCAs are one of the items that can be locked out.  Probably the best way to deal with accidentally turning them on.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
This is obviously a case where too much technology is hurting a newer user.  I love all the tools, but it's obvious that this product needs at least two levels of software.  One simpler and very quick to learn and the other at full throttle.
That already exists in MF 4 and MF Classic.  ;)
When in doubt KISS

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 02:35:20 AM »
I guess I'm weird. I read the entire manual before I got my DL32R, and then again after I got it. I found it very useful for understanding everything and not making too many mistakes.
Mackie Junkie

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 03:52:01 AM »
When I purchased a Roland VK-77 organ on Ebay, I read the manual twice before picking it up and twice afterwards.  It's a fairly complex instrument with a lot of capabilities.   Manuals can help but when I glanced at our new Sienna's 400+page manual, I keep it handy for a reference and have no plans to read the entire thing.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 08:25:36 AM »
I'm firmly in the "If all else fails.... read the manual" camp. :) No particular reason, just lazy I guess.....