Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Hard Drive Recommendation for DL32R

<< < (2/2)

Michael Welter:
It's also a good idea to eject the hard drive before shutting down the DL, just to make sure nothing gets corrupted in the process. Do this even if you don't plan to disconnect the hard drive.

Jay M:
I bought this one for $56
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MNGQ6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Transcend StoreJet 1 TB Military Drop Tested USB 3.0 External Hard Drive.

I've only used it once, but it worked well.  One thing I wasn't aware of until I bought it is that some USB 2.0 ports don't supply enough power for some USB 3.0 hard drives. The USB 2 ports on my desktop PC wouldn't power this hard drive, but thankfully, the DL32r did. 

I chose 1 TB because it's very inexpensive, but still has the capacity to hold many, many hours of 32 track, 24-bit recordings. 

I really wish Mackie could figure out a way to create individual mono files rather than a bunch of interleaved that later need to stitched and split.  It's a LOT of extra work to deal with the interleaved files.  Even better, wouldn't it be amazing if Mackie could not only make individual mono files, but have the file names be based on input that was recorded.

I'll be doing sound at a week long conference and I'll need to record to a laptop via Dante so that I can easily keep the recordings straight.  At least the interleaved files can be there as a backup.

~Jay

JMc:
Samsung SSD.  128gig.  Works like a charm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version