Author Topic: Multi Wav - Reaper & Studio One  (Read 3243 times)

SGravy

• Youngling
Multi Wav - Reaper & Studio One
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:19:19 AM »
Hi

Does anyone know if either Reaper or Studio One work with multi wav files.

I did search but could not find an answer.

Cheers

craigherbs

• Youngling

SGravy

• Youngling
Re: Multi Wav - Reaper & Studio One
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:06:13 AM »
Thanks - will do. I obviously didn't hit the right search criteria.

Peebo

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »
I've been using Sonar by Cakewalk and it works well with that. I couldn't really find any info online either so I took the chance and glad I did.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
yeah, what kind of nightmare timewise is it to stitch together a whole bunch of files from a show lasting over two hours?

Jay M

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »
yeah, what kind of nightmare timewise is it to stitch together a whole bunch of files from a show lasting over two hours?

I'm new to the DL32R, so I'm still looking for the best solution. 

In Vegas Video, when you drag the interleaved audio into the program, it will automatically create a track for each channel.  The only problem is that Vegas will place a tiny gap between each interleaved file.  It's normally easy to zoom in close, and delete a gap, but when you have 32 channels of 48k, 24-bit audio, the software gets a little sluggish, at least on my inexpensive portable hard drive.

If you are familiar with Vegas, it's the program where Reaper found it's inspiration.  Most the the keyboard shortcuts are the same, and the much of the functionality is the same.  Reaper is to Vegas what Behringer is to Mackie. ;)

With Vegas, to stitch together a 2 hour show will take about 5 minutes on a decent PC. I think if you need to do this often, there are scripts you can create within Vegas that can automate the entire process of stitching together, deleting gaps, and rendering individual wav files.   But Vegas is $500.

I personally don't like mixing audio in Vegas, so I'm looking for better solutions.  I own Cubase, Reaper, Vegas and Wavelab.  I tried to use Cubase, but that was too confusing.  I'm sure it can work, I just need more time.

~Jay