Author Topic: Welcome FB group refugees!  (Read 5772 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Welcome FB group refugees!
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:42:57 PM »
Check in here, whatcha got?
I have an XR12 that I planned on using just as a bass preamp with maybe a second channel used for kick but this cheap $235 mixer does way more than I expected :mrgreen:!
I have it in a 6U plastic shallow rack (Gator GR-6S) with 9 kilowatts of Behringer amplification, an NU4-6000 and an NU3000. All under 50 lbs 8).
I figured out how to get six independent outputs from it so have four monitor mixes, a mono mains out, and a mono subs out. The latter two have full crossover processing provided by the XR12's DSP.
Even the TRS inputs have plenty of gain for most mics.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
Re: Welcome FB group refugees!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:55:46 AM »
XR18 that currently travels in a Gator softside bag that is pretty much form-fitted to the mixer. I'll soon be moving the XR18 to a proper rack, and it will become my primary mixer.
For amplification, I have a mixture: Crest Powerlite 3.0 DSP for mains/subs, Carvin HD1500 for front-line monitors, and a QSC GX3 for back-line monitors. The next thing to go is that QSC; it weighs a ton relative to its power output. If I had the funds, I'd ditch it and the Carvin, and pick up a pair of Crest Powerlite 2.0s.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:23:17 AM »
I got my NU4-6000 off of fleaBay directly from Behringer as a factory refurb for $244 shipped - a heck of a lot less that two Crest Powerlite 2.0 will cost you and half the space 8) .

BTW I "modded" my XR12 - it's mounted on two inch standoffs behind the rail and I had a hole and grommet installed in one of the "ears" so that I can route cables from its front to the back of the amps and get the cover on without disconnecting them 8) .
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:28:23 AM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 04:31:27 AM »
Oh, and I had two Peavey IPR1600's that I was previously using on monitors that would have been great for you but I only have one left :( . Pretty much the same as the Crest except you can't officially bridge them.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:41:01 AM »
I got my NU4-6000 off of fleaBay directly from Behringer as a factory refurb for $244 shipped - a heck of a lot less that two Crest Powerlite 2.0 will cost you and half the space 8) .

BTW I "modded" my XR12 - it's mounted on two inch standoffs behind the rail and I had a hole and grommet installed in one of the "ears" so that I can route cables from its front to the back of the amps and get the cover on without disconnecting them 8) .

How is the NU4-6000 treating you? I've considered that amp for monitors, but I've also read a number of horror stories about the iNukes -- and that model in particular, so I'm a little gun-shy. At the time I bought the Crest, I was actually considering the IPRs, but I was able to get a new Powerlite 3.0 DSP for less than the cost of an IPR2000 non-DSP. It was kind of a no-brainer.

I do get much of my new gear about as "factory direct" as you can, BTW, which helps with the budget... :)
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 12:04:27 PM »
So far so good on the NU4-6000. It was factory refurbed at the Behringer US repair facility so IMO better than a new "China tested only" one. Oh, and awesome deal on that Powerlite!

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »
So far so good on the NU4-6000. It was factory refurbed at the Behringer US repair facility so IMO better than a new "China tested only" one. Oh, and awesome deal on that Powerlite!

You don't remember what the eBay seller id was, do you? I might stick a "watch" on that... ;)
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »
musicgroup1